Bruce Gradkowski? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruce Gradkowski?

phinfan_1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was watching the recording of the east-west shrine game and the QB that impressed me most was Bruce Gradkowski. He is Very accurate and has a great arm, makes good decisions and seems like he can read defenses very good and can really run 4.5-4.6 40. He's only 6'2" if that but he seems like a gamer. I seen in some mocks him going anywhere from the 2nd round to the 6th round. Not sure if he'll be a great starter, maybe in the right system, if anything he'd be a awesome backup. But man he looked very good.
I really like him I wouldn't mind Miami drafting him in the late rounds. He may become something.
Anyone see this guy play much?

I wouldn't say much but the three QBs I would be happy with are Jay Cutler, Gradkowski and Erik Meyer (who I havent seen just read about). Gradkowski and Meyer with a 5th would be fine by me. The only problem with Gradkowski is he may not fit our system in that he doesnt have the strongest arm

adamprez2003 said:
I wouldn't say much but the three QBs I would be happy with are Jay Cutler, Gradkowski and Erik Meyer (who I havent seen just read about). Gradkowski and Meyer with a 5th would be fine by me. The only problem with Gradkowski is he may not fit our system in that he doesnt have the strongest arm
The only time I seen Gradkowski was in the Shrine game and his arm was really strong.
Here's a little peice from a scouting report:
Gradkowski has the skill to play at the next level. He has a cannon for an arm, and can thread the needle anywhere on the field. His efficiency over the past three years has been amazing. Along with his passing ability, Gradkowski is an excellent athlete and can make things happen with his feet.Once he gets into the open field and you see him move, you can't believe a quarterback can move that fast.

Yeah I'd be happy with him in the 5th. I personally think he's better than Cutler right now. But Cutler has a huge upside.

adamprez2003 said:

We don't have a fifth.

dolphinzen said:
We don't have a fifth.
ahh yes...guess we forgot...I don't think he'll be around in the 7th. He may not even be there in the 4th.

I think they said he was 6'1 if anything and not 6'2 and I'm not sure if he can read defenses well, but he scrambles around in the pocket a lot and is very swift. I think I read where he had problems throwing while in motion, but I didnt see that at all in the shrine game as he was often in motion when he threw. Dunno about him though, he seems decent, but why is his stock so low? Fishy!

Here's another scouting report that says he has an avg arm which was my impression. A cannon for an arm is Cutler. Gradkowski can heave it but he cant zip it. I saw him in 3 gms and the shrine this year. I like him and think he'll make an excellent backup and could be a good starter on the right team. I just don't know if we're that type of team.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/brucegradkowski.html

daniel3 said:
I think they said he was 6'1 if anything and not 6'2 and I'm not sure if he can read defenses well, but he scrambles around in the pocket a lot and is very swift. I think I read where he had problems throwing while in motion, but I didnt see that at all in the shrine game as he was often in motion when he threw. Dunno about him though, he seems decent, but why is his stock so low? Fishy!
I agree..I think his height is what hurts him....another thing I seen in him was when he looked down field and there was nothing there he didn't waste time back there getting sacked he just took it and ran. Another thing every pass he threw was incredibly accurate, touch passes and passes he had to zip it in there. And he just had that natural instinct to know when to zip it and know when to put some touch on it.

phinfan_1 said:
I was watching the recording of the east-west shrine game and the QB that impressed me most was Bruce Gradkowski. He is Very accurate and has a great arm, makes good decisions and seems like he can read defenses very good and can really run 4.5-4.6 40. He's only 6'2" if that but he seems like a gamer. I seen in some mocks him going anywhere from the 2nd round to the 6th round. Not sure if he'll be a great starter, maybe in the right system, if anything he'd be a awesome backup. But man he looked very good.
I really like him I wouldn't mind Miami drafting him in the late rounds. He may become something.
Anyone see this guy play much?

Great Arm? Comeon...I've seen him play abunch, he has no great arm.
Gradkowski flourished in UT’s pass-happy system. This past season he completed 62.3 percent of his passes for 2,469 yards and 29 touchdowns.

But the draft experts aren’t sold on his arm strength. They have him ranked 11th, 17th and 20th among quarterbacks, and they rank him anywhere from mid-to-late-round pick to an undrafted free agent.

“He’s a clipboard holder at next level, at best,†Pauline said. “He was a good college quarterback who just doesn’t have the physical skills to play in the NFL. Any pass outside of 12 yards becomes an adventure for him. The receivers were always waiting for the ball from him when they went downfield.â€Â

Rang said one thing Gradkowski has going for him is his toughness.
“He lacks the size and arm strength to be successful in most schemes,†Rang said. “However, he is a gutty leader, with good short to medium range accuracy, and better athleticism than most give him credit for. He is a threat as a scrambler and can pass with accuracy on the move.â€Â

Wright thinks Gradkowski could go as high as the fourth round.

“I could see him developing into a solid backup at the next level,†he said. “I doubt many will view him as a potential starter. I think of him in the Koy Detmer mold and he has stuck in the pros for a long time now.â€Â

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060115/SPORTS09/60115005/-1/SPORTS

Here's Gradkowski's 2004-2005 stats combined:

QB passer rating: 154.48
Completion percentage: 66.25
TD passes: 56
Int's: 20

saves said:
Come on saves...no offense but there are alot of good scouting reports on this guy, alot more than bad ones.
If he ends up being signed as a free agent I surely hope Miami signs him. I'm really exited to see him at the combine.
Here's another scouting link:
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/brucegradkowski.shtml

phinfan_1 said:
Come on saves...no offense but there are alot of good scouting reports on this guy, alot more than bad ones.
If he ends up being signed as a free agent I surely hope Miami signs him. I'm really exited to see him at the combine.
Here's another scouting link:
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/brucegradkowski.shtml

I've seen him play many times, he dosn't have an NFL arm at all. His completion % is so high because they throw screens and throwbacks every other play. His recievers are always coming back to the ball downfield.
He is athletic, but there is no way he has success in any type of vertical passing offense, which we run. West coast, he has a chance to stick, but for us their are projects with skill sets that are better suited for what we do.

That review you provided is absolutley horrible, and it is quite apparent the only time whoever wrote that saw him was on a highlight rail.

saves said:
I've seen him play many times, he dosn't have an NFL arm at all. His completion % is so high because they throw screens and throwbacks every other play. His recievers are always coming back to the ball downfield.
He is athletic, but there is no way he has success in any type of vertical passing offense, which we run. West coast, he has a chance to stick, but for us their are projects with skill sets that are better suited for what we do.

That review you provided is absolutley horrible, and it is quite apparent the only time whoever wrote that saw him was on a highlight rail.
I disagree...I think he does have an NFL arm...whether the translates into NFL success I don't know. And there are alot more of those good reviews. So it's possible they are seeing something different than you are.

phinfan_1 said:
I disagree...I think he does have an NFL arm...whether the translates into NFL success I don't know. And there are alot more of those good reviews. So it's possible they are seeing something different than you are.

Go watch him play a game and try to throw deep, its horrible. Notice my article was from the Toledo Blade, you know, people who have been watching him in Toledo for his whole career. It is not from some 17 year old with a 10 dollar a year website.

Back
Top Bottom