Brunell as an option is all but eliminated.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell as an option is all but eliminated....

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
ESPN's Len Pasquarelli is reporting that the Redskins are close to completing a deal with the Jaguars to acquire quarterback Mark Brunell. Sources say that many of the principle parameters of the deal have already been completed. The two sides were working over the weekend to set up a meeting between Brunell and Redskins' head coach Joe Gibbs. NFL rules will not allow a trade to be officially completed until March 4. Brunell, 33, has spent the last nine seasons with the Jaguars, but it has long been known that he would be traded or released prior to the 2004 season. The Jaguars are expected to receive at least one second-round pick in return.

Before anyone predicts doom and gloom for the career of Patrick Ramsey, we will note that Gibbs made it known soon after returning to the club that he wanted to sign a veteran quarterback to backup his young gun. Gibbs has reportedly seen and heard good things about Ramsey, and we're not certain that a Brunell signing would send Patrick to the pine. However, such a deal would surely create some controversy and require clarification.

That's bull considering that Brunell said he will play where he can start.

brunnell has no control over a trade unless there is sumin in his contract that says he does.and so far i have heard nothing of that from anyone so if they deal him he has to accept it.

That's just by contract. Brunell does have an effect on it. And by the way I do believe there is a part of the contract that says something like that.

Besides why would Gibbs want a QB controversy. He's already gonna make something out of Tim Hasselbeck.

Well he will simply trade Ramsey then.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
brunnell has no control over a trade unless there is sumin in his contract that says he does.and so far i have heard nothing of that from anyone so if they deal him he has to accept it.

That is true, however, if he sits down with the Skins and says he would be very disappointed at the trade and he would hope it wouldnt reflect in his play......Skins dont sign him. Teams almost always talk to the players they trade for. If goes to the Skins its because they have told him he has a ligit chance at starting.

BB

i like ramsey more than tim hasselbeck. i don't think the redskins are looking to get rid of ramsey - they want to keep him as their backup.... i think brunell will be their starter.

if all this happens and they get brunnell and keep ramsey what options do we have then? the only players left i can see are warner,couch,blake,wright, and dont say another year of fiedler.is there anyone out there i did not mention that we could get that could come in and start??

Ramsey isn't going to take that. In a perfect world for Gibbs he might, but I doubt he will. Besides I feel a deal for O-Gun is coming. Then he will drop down to maybe spot 11 and recover the pick he gave for Brunell. He will pick one of the DT's probably Starks from Maryland.

Now he has a DL of Ogunleye, re-instated Daryll Rusell, Randy Starks, and run stopping Renaldo Wynn. With that LB core. If he can keep Champ Bailey then he will have a great team.

ramsey won't have a choice to "take it."

i said this in another post, but i think gibbs knows what he is doing - he is going to create a "false" qb controversy up until the start of the season, all the while knowing that brunell will be his starter. but he won't tell ramsey so he can keep him around..... if they solve that mystery now, ramsey could be gone. gibbs has made every intention known that he wants to keep ramsey

He would not want a QB who is going to be whining. I am going to bet with you 10k of FH points on this, I see your points ain't that high but that's alright. I would give you 10, you give me 1 based on who wins.

you can HAVE my FH points - i don't care about them. they don't make my life any better or worse, and i'm still trying to figure out the concept of them.

but anyways, i won't bet on what gibbs will do. i strictly was reporting was i read from them. take from it what you will.....

Originally posted by tenndolfan

Have you read Brunells contract ?

Is there a FACTual article that has broken down the specifics of Brunells contract ? And if so "link" please ......

I think it is so very amusing that people are putting a lot of stock in this hyped "Brunell to Redskins trade" ...

ESPN is the last source of ANY Dolphin news that I would consider credible !!!!

:fire:

Marino1983

If we give up anything better than a 5th round pick for Brunnell I would be royally pissed. He's way into the decline of his career and I'm not sure he has anythign left. I'm not sold on the fact that he'd even be better than Fiedler. I'd only want Brunnell if he comes at a cheaper price than Jay.

If we don't land Brunnell don't sweat it. There will be a surplus of aging veteran QB's we'll be able to choose from..... Garcia, Warner, Blake, to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom