Brunell to the Bucs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell to the Bucs?

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
I just read the Bucs might be interested in Brunell...Of course this makes sense considering they are another florida team looking for a veteran QB...Brad Johnson came down to earth this year and is showing his age...
This situtation is interesting because it seems most fans have already penciled in Brunnel as the Phins starting QB in 2004...
If Brunnel were to sign with the Bucs where does that leave us?
I certainly would've picked up Brad Johnson, an accurate QB with an underrated arm, a couple year ago, but as i stated his play has deteriorated and more importantly he would get crushed behind our O-Line...

Which is basically what happened to him behind the Bucs O-line this year.

I'm not so sure it was his play that deteriorated as much as it was his nerve.

:dunno:

johnson isn't a west coast QB. he fits NT system to the point.

during the rams season when Warner first took over (and got close to a few marino records) they were not the #1 ranked offense. the Redskins were under NT and BJ. i wouldn't mind seeing BJ, and drafting rivers.

If we pick up B. Johnson, we are not upgrading the position at all. He is at the same level as Fiedler/Griese right now, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Gonk
If we pick up B. Johnson, we are not upgrading the position at all. He is at the same level as Fiedler/Griese right now, in my opinion.

And you base this on what...? And don't even tell me his stats :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

And you base this on what...? And don't even tell me his stats :rolleyes:
hes is right that is not an upgrade at all if u think it is tell us why!

Because he also had a crappy OL with no real threat in the backfield yet he was far far far better than Jay Fiedler and Griese this past season. He knows NT's system perfectly and is a great QB to have for a year while you are grooming another QB.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Gannon to the Bucs, another rumor floating around.
The rumor out here on the west coast is Gannon to retirement.

Originally posted by Gonk

So you are saying Jay could win the superbowl...?:huh:

The Bucs have Chris Simms coming up and probably are only looking for a veteran to come in for a year or two. While being the better QB out of all mentioned so far, I do not think Brunell knows anything about Gruden's system. Knowledge of the system was, according to an article I read, the major reason they were waiting on Simms in the first place. I think it makes more sense for them to try and convince Gannon to come and play one or two more seasons.

Back
Top Bottom