Brunell WILL be a Redskin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell WILL be a Redskin

An $8 million bonus for Brunell? Dan Snyder doeasn't have a clue. He's also paying Gregg Williams more money($1.1 mill) to be a defensive coordinator than Buffalo gave Williams to be their head coach($1 mill).

If Brunell goes to Washington, Miami should trade for Ramsey.

If Brunell does not go to Washington and becomes a free agent, then I say Miami should sign Brunell and draft Rivers.

I think whether or not Ramsey demands a trade depends on what they give Brunell in the contract.

I read the full ESPN Insider article and man it really looks like the reason Ramsey is keeping tight-lipped lately and saying all that stuff about going to training camp and winning the starting job, is just in case Washington DOESN'T get Brunell.

Cuz let me tell you the way they tell it he's reeeaaally upset about this whole thing and the minute the Skins agree to terms for Brunell, he is going to demand a trade.

According to the article (which I can't post here for legal reasons) the Skins have been courting Brunell for over two weeks now...since before the Super Bowl. Some Skins peronnel dudes were hangin with Brunell at the Commissioners tent party the friday before the big game and they actually had to keep Brunell out of the tent because Ramsey was inside it.

Meanwhile sources close to Ramsey (friends) say that if the Skins do agree with Brunell and bring him over, Ramsey will demand the trade. Article says that Gibbs tried to smooth over the situation but has apparently not been able to put Ramsey at ease.

Jimmy Sexton, Ramsey's agent has kept in constant contact with Snyder and has a dinner planned with him I believe this Friday. Presumably Snyder thinks he'll have the Brunell negotiations wrapped up by then, and if thats the case Sexton is supposed to discuss trading Ramsey and make his client's intentions known to Snyder at that dinner.

As for the Brunell negotiations themselves the deal is supposed to end up a 6 or 7 year deal for cap purposes, intended to be a 3 or 4 year deal with about an $8 million signing bonus. But now Snyder has recently taken to the idea of structuring the signing bonus into 4 parts.

With that contract it is hard to argue that Brunell would be entering training camp as the starter and for those Ramsey fans out there, that means he will be fully available in trade. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past Snyder to try and bilk any team for way above value...especially if Cerrato is losing as much power as they say he is over there. You got a greedy ridiculously lavish owner and a head coach who doesn't want to let Ramsey go on one side, with Ramsey demanding the trade on the other and a personnel guy who knows what he's doing stuck in the middle losing power to both the owner and the head coach.

I think we all kind of knew this was coming. Let's hope we land Ramsey now!

I'm just so confused... I don't even care about him anymore... Lets worry about these combines...

Back
Top Bottom