Bryce Petty Released By Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryce Petty Released By Jets

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I would think Petty, who is still relatively young, would have as much potential at qb as some of the names fans wanted drafted on day 3 of the draft. Maybe even as good of a prospect as second round pick Mason Rudolph. At the very least he should be brought in as 4th camp arm and competition for Fales and Osweiler.

I would think Petty, who is still relatively young, would have as much potential at qb as some of the names fans wanted drafted on day 3 of the draft. Maybe even as good of a prospect as second round pick Mason Rudolph. At the very least he should be brought in as 4th camp arm and competition for Fales and Osweiler.

It's not a name that thrills. But, potential backup material. It's hard not to consider him when we have Fales and Osweiler sitting in the QB room.

Plus he knows the Jets offense, a team we play twice this year. Watch the Pats scoop him up cheap.

I know when we hit preseason and it's time to play the entire second half with either Fales or Petty I would prefer Petty.

Right such as Brock Osweiler

I think the Osweiler hate here is way overblow and he will prove to be a much better backup than people think.

Not sure if you’re serious but I don’t even want to waste a camp spot on a QB who couldn’t beat out Christian Hackenberg.

Wouldn't say he was beat out by Hackenberg. There's a chance they're both getting released. That being said... Hackenberg has looked better in his preseason action than Fales. Not great at reading coverage and needs to be more accurate, but he has a rifle for an arm. Same things people say about Hackenberg are the things they were saying about Josh Allen the past few months and he was viewed as a high 1st round prospect despite the same flaws.

Back
Top Bottom