Bua forgotten? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua forgotten?

Both Bua and Pope are going to have to earn spots on this roster. That said, I would be pretty surprised if Bua doesn't make it for at least the aggression he brings to ST. It would mean that Saban found guys as rookie FAs who bring the same sort of aggression but who have superior size. Pope is far more questionable if you ask me. His role was backing Zach up, and Crowder seems to have that job now. He'll get his chances, but he very well might be the first draft pick from last year to go.

What will be very interesting should either of them go is whether they end up in Green Bay. I'm not sure how they're doing at LB, but perhaps there is a potential to get a draft pick out of Pope.

All this Bua talk is great and all... But where the HECK did you catch that catfish, is it real, and did you weigh it? Good god man!

I like both Bua and Pope, but i dont know if they fit into our type of defense. They're both a little small to play linebacker for us. Bua might be able to become a Larry Izzo/ Trent Gamble type player.

Jt0323 said:
He did not make it the Glit did

I never said I made it...I saw someone wanting Skape to do something with it and thought it was cool, so I'm using it myself

mrbman013 said:
Lets give BUA a chance ,hes the type of intense player we need.Hey Hummer great picture could you emailit to me thanx. GO PHINS

Just right-click and save it mate ;)

Bua is a special teams player, thats all. Had he not put that hit on during the Rams game, nobody would have even heard of him here. Hes going to be another Izzo. He will play special teams here for a couple of seasons, then he will leave and nobody will even notice.

Jnaledu3 said:
Bua is a special teams player, thats all. Had he not put that hit on during the Rams game, nobody would have even heard of him here. Hes going to be another Izzo. He will play special teams here for a couple of seasons, then he will leave and nobody will even notice.

Hasn't Izzo been to the Pro Bowl?

Hummer H23 said:
Hasn't Izzo been to the Pro Bowl?

Im not saying that he isnt good, but he will most likely be a career special teamer. And nobody really cares when special teamers leave.

Like Matt Jones, who I am really high on as an NFL reciever, I watched Bua play at Arkansas. Bua, unfortunately, is never going to be a solid NFL starter. He is to small to start at LB and not fast enough to start at S.

With that said, I think that he can be a good backup at either position. It looks as if he has been declared as a S for the phins. He is not fast enough to be a good starter, but a backup...he could be. Also, he has potential to be a special teams destroyer. And I am not talking only about the one horrid shot against the Rams, but if you look at last season, when given an opertunity, he was a good special teamer.

He may never be more than a special teams demon. And if he isant, he will still be a valued player on our football team doing just that. And like I said, he has potential to be a solid #2 option at safety. I doubt he will be let go anytime soon.

Kistner10 said:
I like both Bua and Pope, but i dont know if they fit into our type of defense. They're both a little small to play linebacker for us. Bua might be able to become a Larry Izzo/ Trent Gamble type player.

"A little small..." You mean like Zach Thomas?:shakeno:

West-Fin_Fan said:
"A little small..." You mean like Zach Thomas?:shakeno:

Zach's heir apparent has been drafted. He may not be on the roster for as long as most of us imagine he will be, either.

Bua won't start this year, but there have been a lot of players with his speed start at safety in this league. Rodney Harrison is not that fast either. Same with Sammy Knight.

Bua has the hitting ability and playmaking ability to make it. Several of you underestimate that. Much about safety (unlike cornerback) is instinct - having a nose for the ball; being in the right place at the right time. You can, make up for a lack of speed that way.

If Bua can show that, he'll have a shot at making the starting lineup eventually. He played a lot of safety at Arkansas and I'm sure Saban likes him as a player.

The LB's - Moore, Pope, will struggle in Saban's system.

RunRonnieRun said:
Like Matt Jones, who I am really high on as an NFL reciever, I watched Bua play at Arkansas. Bua, unfortunately, is never going to be a solid NFL starter. He is to small to start at LB and not fast enough to start at S.

With that said, I think that he can be a good backup at either position. It looks as if he has been declared as a S for the phins. He is not fast enough to be a good starter, but a backup...he could be. Also, he has potential to be a special teams destroyer. And I am not talking only about the one horrid shot against the Rams, but if you look at last season, when given an opertunity, he was a good special teamer.

He may never be more than a special teams demon. And if he isant, he will still be a valued player on our football team doing just that. And like I said, he has potential to be a solid #2 option at safety. I doubt he will be let go anytime soon.

I watched Bua with the Hogs a lot as well. From what I recall from his 40 times, he's about as fast as Sammy Knight. How then, will his speed keep him from ever starting? It's going to be a challenge for him. But, it will come down to being instinctive.

It's really the intangibles (that can't be measured at a Combine) that make the difference on the field. That's why Rodney Harrison (a 4th or 5th round pick?) is an all-pro and will probably have a shot at the hall of fame despite his lack of speed. Same thing with Bruschi and Zach. Those guys just have an uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time to make a play. If Bua can do that, he'll make it. If not, he won't.

Back
Top Bottom