Bua's speed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua's speed

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Many of you keep referring to Bua's speed (LB speed in one reference). I bet Bua is faster than Knight was. And the last time I read he was listed with decent speed. I realize he may have some specific shortcomings in terms of the skills needed, but Saban is known for his coaching. Jason Cole has referred to Bua as "not fast enough", and I know he has watched practices and games, but I am still not convinced. If any of you have seen him in practice or watched his "speed issue" in a game please post. Thanks,

Lee2000

my nan in her wheelchair is faster than Sammy Knight.

That is why the Saints let him go, and why we let him go.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
How fast is Lynch?
:topic: Nah, I'm just kidding. But I just looked it up, when Lynch he came out of Stanford 13 seasons ago...
When he came out of Stanford, John Lynch ran a 4.64 40.
At 33, I'm sure he's slowed down quite a bit since then. :chuckle:

If anyone saw that hit last year the intimidation factor would make him seem a lot faster to Wr's IMO

If he's got good instincts, speed won't be as big of a factor. Kind of like Sammy Knight, the guy can't run a 4.6 30-yard dash but he had a knack for making big plays.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
How fast is Lynch?

Excellent point. The position requires smarts and tackling ability more than anything. I'm not saying that Bua is the next J. Lynch, but I don't think a 'burner' is the number one requirement.

phinsforever said:
Excellent point. The position requires smarts and tackling ability more than anything. I'm not saying that Bua is the next J. Lynch, but I don't think a 'burner' is the number one requirement.

exactly, especially when Saban alreadt stated he wanted the safeties to play up and assist with run stoppage. Speed isnt a key for a safety playing that kind of role, it helps but instincts and tackling ability are a number #1 priority..

You hit it on the numbers...

popularwar said:
If he's got good instincts, speed won't be as big of a factor. Kind of like Sammy Knight, the guy can't run a 4.6 30-yard dash but he had a knack for making big plays.

Looooooooooooove your sig!

Back
Top Bottom