Buchanon gets 2nd & 3rd. But Surtain... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buchanon gets 2nd & 3rd. But Surtain...

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How does an underachieving, overrated CB like Buchanon get a 2nd and a 3rd round pick? I know Surtain is 28 but he is twice the corner that Buchanon is and probably ever will be. Maybe it is just teams view Miami as a team that needs to get rid of Surtain due to cap. This is the only reason I can see a guy like Buchanon fetching so much more when it is next to impossible to even get a 2nd for Surtain.

If teams think Miami is in a position where have to get rid of him, then they are simply whistling dixie.

Surtain's value is a definite first round pick. A second round pick is not enough to get Surtain. Nick knows this, and there will be no deal done unless the value exceeds what Oakland got for Buchanan.

I think there are two reasons: 1) He is relatively cheap. I heard on NFL radio this morning that he has 2 more years on his contract at about 700 - 800k per year; and 2) he can return punts.

Having said all that it seems that Houston paid quite a premium for this guy based upon past performance. Maybe they think that Capers, Glenn etc can whip him inot shape. They basically have a two year tryout for him

Texphinphan

D Patrick

Just heard on the D. Patrick show there is a rumour floating Oakland made this move to try and put a package together to get TO from Philly.

TO and Moss....Now that's entertainment, if not on the field certainly off...

ch19079 said:
the dolphins traded the #34 overall pick in this years draft for a QB last season.

there is no way in hell based on that fact ALONE the fins should use the #2 overall pick on a QB.

Thanks for the advice Bills fan, but you obviously didnt see him play much...LOL

Look at his QB rating and record! He didn't do anything to prove he isn't just a backup, and you don't start a player just because of what they cost to get them.

Probably because of his contract.

Peterson said in his press conference today that it would be a $6.3 million hit to the cap & that ain't going to happen. Dead Deal.:shakeno:

Good Luck!:eek:

KChiefs1 said:
Peterson said in his press conference today that it would be a $6.3 million hit to the cap & that ain't going to happen. Dead Deal.:shakeno:

Good Luck!:eek:

Good luck with Moss!!!!

I hope Oakland gets T.O as well..... :o

PhinsPhan said:
How does an underachieving, overrated CB like Buchanon get a 2nd and a 3rd round pick? I know Surtain is 28 but he is twice the corner that Buchanon is and probably ever will be. Maybe it is just teams view Miami as a team that needs to get rid of Surtain due to cap. This is the only reason I can see a guy like Buchanon fetching so much more when it is next to impossible to even get a 2nd for Surtain.

IIRC, Buchannon is playing for under 1 mil this year and next year. The Pats proved you don't really have to have premire corners to win, so, people are going to copycat. PB isn't half as good as PS, but, if he fits thier system, he could carry more value for them. I still think Houston got hosed on this deal, but, we'll see this year.

My guess is a deal is going to get done on draft day for PS. There's so much smoke flying right now, nobody knows what's going on.

crash said:
Just heard on the D. Patrick show there is a rumour floating Oakland made this move to try and put a package together to get TO from Philly.

yeah because the Raiders think they can resign TO to a contract... and im sure TO wants to share the spotlight with Moss...

someone got confused with their fantasy league

crash said:

:lol: My best friend is a Raider fan. Can't wait to talk to him about THAT

Back
Top Bottom