Bucky Brooks' "gold Jacket" Team For 2019 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks' "gold Jacket" Team For 2019 Draft

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's always an interesting exercise to forecast a player as a potential Hall of Famer before they even play in the NFL. But, it could be something that front offices discuss when going over all the prospects and evaluating their talents and potential impact.

Here's the players Brooks listed:

Devin White, LB
Nick Bosa, DE
Dwayne Haskins, QB
T.J. Hockenson, TE
Garrett Bradbury, C
Taylor Rapp, S

Of course, it's just one opinion but interesting to discuss. Who do you all see as potential Hall of Famers from this draft class?

it too early to say who will be HOF. some 5th or 7 th rd guy with big heart will end up in hof.
That's true. I think it's about that time that NFL Network has already profiled all the players and need to talk about something else. I do wonder, though, if that is a topic in front offices around the NFL. Who is most likely to end up in the HOF?

I think Oliver has a real shot. That's assuming he stays healthy and probably goes to a team that ends up having postseason success. Like you said, a 5th rounder could end up being in the Hall as well.

Oliver and White are the names that jump out to me. Haskins needs to go to a perfect situation to make that prediction come true.

Oliver and White are the names that jump out to me. Haskins needs to go to a perfect situation to make that prediction come true.
if Haskins turn out to be good he have better chance as qb. he will need at leased SB and some passing title under his belt to get credit.

Bingo! It’s all about situation. That’s why, as much I like Kyler Murray, if he goes to Arizona it’s going to be a struggle.

Bingo! It’s all about situation. That’s why, as much I like Kyler Murray, if he goes to Arizona it’s going to be a struggle.

Anyone going to Arizona is going to struggle until they get their **** together, rookie or not. Same goes with Miami. Those are more like QB killer situations.

I agree where the players go will go a long way as to who does well enough for the HOF, specially for QB's. I don't see any of these QB's this year as future HOF guys tbh.
If I had to pick one it'd be Quinnen Williams on defense and Dillard on offense but of course way too early to tell.

Love Murray's talent, but I do wonder if he can stay relatively injury-free? His body type does look more suited for baseball and dual-threat quarterbacks tend to take more hits.

Anyone going to Arizona is going to struggle until they get their **** together, rookie or not. Same goes with Miami. Those are more like QB killer situations.
That's why if Miami goes quarterback in the first round this year, I think the entire draft strategy changes. The plan would be to start Fitzpatrick, but you know at some point that rookie will play in 2019. Instead of focusing on both the defensive and offensive lines, the Dolphins would probably put more of an emphasis on offensive linemen and maybe even find another starting caliber running back.

I think at this point Devin White is the surest thing. He is the best player in this draft. Oline and defense all the way in the draft for Miami.

It's always an interesting exercise to forecast a player as a potential Hall of Famer before they even play in the NFL. But, it could be something that front offices discuss when going over all the prospects and evaluating their talents and potential impact.

Here's the players Brooks listed:

Devin White, LB
Nick Bosa, DE
Dwayne Haskins, QB
T.J. Hockenson, TE
Garrett Bradbury, C
Taylor Rapp, S

Of course, it's just one opinion but interesting to discuss. Who do you all see as potential Hall of Famers from this draft class?
I like Bucky, but its hit and miss whether I agree with his valuation. Analysis is good, but weighting of those valuations are all over the place.

Case in point, I would say Devin White is also my top can't miss prospect and a truly phenomenal LB, so I'm completely in sync with him there. I'm not on the Hockenson train that everyone else is …. very good prospect, but I don't see HoF there … it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm in complete disagreement with Haskins … I don't even see him being special, and nowhere near an HoF'er. I haven't really spent much time evaluating safeties this draft so I can't really say on that one. I do like Garrett Bradbury, but he's a harder one for me to project. I get a feeling that if he stays healthy he could be special … but I still prefer Chris Lindstrom … can't really put my finger on why.

This draft is very deep with OL talent, so I would recommend drafting quantity in the mid rounds rather than splurging for one of the top prospects. We need to rebuild the entire OL around Tunsil, so now is the time to give people a shot.

Back
Top Bottom