Bucky's Big Board: FSU's Jalen Ramsey debuts atop rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky's Big Board: FSU's Jalen Ramsey debuts atop rankings

Billings and Dodd both rising. Not surprised a bit.

Ramsey though. Do you ever watch a guy and feel you're just not seeing what the rest of the entire world seems to be seeing? It's not that I think he's bad - he looks a very good safety. But he just keeps rising and rising in mocks and I can't see it on the videos.

Ramsey though. Do you ever watch a guy and feel you're just not seeing what the rest of the entire world seems to be seeing? It's not that I think he's bad - he looks a very good safety. But he just keeps rising and rising in mocks and I can't see it on the videos.
Happens quite often for me. Guys like Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, RGIII, Terrence Cody, D.J. Fluker and a number of others. Don't buy the hype from ESPN especially.

Any list that has Conner Cook top 50 I have to ignore. Overrated talent with no leadership skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any list that has Conner Cook top 50 I have to ignore. Overrated talent with no leadership skills.

He's getting pushed up because of an extremely weak QB class.

He's getting pushed up because of an extremely weak QB class.

He's horrible. I'll take a gamble with Cardale any day. Can't stand Cook. Maybe the most overrated player in the draft.

He's horrible. I'll take a gamble with Cardale any day. Can't stand Cook. Maybe the most overrated player in the draft.

I wouldn't draft Cardale at all. I would definitely take Cook over him.

(OT but sophomore Derwin James might be better)

A lot of mocks are projecting him to be a beast at S while the average person who watches film just judges Ramsey based off of his CB tape. He does exactly what Marcus Peters did in his tape several times, make plays.

I won't use the word "elite" in regards to Ramsey YET but he does have Eric Berry potential.

(OT but sophomore Derwin James might be better)

A lot of mocks are projecting him to be a beast at S while the average person who watches film just judges Ramsey based off of his CB tape. He does exactly what Marcus Peters did in his tape several times, make plays.

I won't use the word "elite" in regards to Ramsey YET but he does have Eric Berry potential.

First, Ramsey has played S so these's plenty of video around where you can see what he was like. And he looks a very good safety. He didn't look as good a CB - and I don't knock him for that because he was shifted to the boundary to facilitate the team.

Eric Berry didn't have "Eric Berry potential" when he came out - HE WAS ERIC BERRY! And Berry didn't even get the #1 draft ranking (though maybe he should have in retrospect).

A guy who looks good, and might one day be as good as Eric Berry, sounds a lot like a 1st round pick. But top 5? Top 3? No. 1 overall? That's some lofty expectation.

I would have few qualms about drafting Ramsey as a starting FS. I'd even have him in the frame for us at 8. But he'd be toward the bottom of my list of possibles at that pick.

First, Ramsey has played S so these's plenty of video around where you can see what he was like. And he looks a very good safety. He didn't look as good a CB - and I don't knock him for that because he was shifted to the boundary to facilitate the team.

Eric Berry didn't have "Eric Berry potential" when he came out - HE WAS ERIC BERRY! And Berry didn't even get the #1 draft ranking (though maybe he should have in retrospect).

A guy who looks good, and might one day be as good as Eric Berry, sounds a lot like a 1st round pick. But top 5? Top 3? No. 1 overall? That's some lofty expectation.

I would have few qualms about drafting Ramsey as a starting FS. I'd even have him in the frame for us at 8. But he'd be toward the bottom of my list of possibles at that pick.

If I'm drafting Ramsey top-10 as a CB, he better test like Patrick Peterson, because he is raw as a CB. As a FS, I agree that there's more to like. I expect Ramsey to test similar to - maybe a little better than - Eric Berry. He's not as physical, but his agility is better (looks better to me, anyway). I had Earl Thomas in a dead tie with Berry - just a matter of what you need from your FS. In terms of how he plays, though, I think Honey Badger is Ramsey's best comp - just longer without the super-elite instincts of the Honey Badger.

Fsu fan here and have watched every fsu game since hes been there. Playing DB isnt all about getting interceptions but Im sorry, I want more than 2 or 3 picks in 3 years from a DB if im taking him top 5.

I have no doubt hes going to be a solid nfl player due to his size, athleticism and toughness but I dont know if hes going to be the all pro that hes being billed to be.

I was watching some of FSU's games last night and I don't know if who to blame for Ramsey's technique...Its not even good it's pretty bad IMO for that of a potentially GREAT player.I love him even though I'm a Canes fan but wtf.

Back
Top Bottom