Buffalo Bills Choose Astroplay! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo Bills Choose Astroplay!

Josh Reed

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.srisports.com/us.htm

Surface Hits

BUFFALO BILLS CHOOSE ASTROPLAY®!

"We feel that we will have the best field surface in the NFL." - Tom Donahoe, President and General Manager, Buffalo Bills, regarding the team's new AstroPlay® surface.

Intensive two-year field evaluations led the Buffalo Bills to select SRI Sports' AstroPlay® for their home field -- Ralph Wilson Stadium.

A key aspect of the Bills' research was testing AstroPlay® on half their practice field last year. The response?

"The players and coaches loved it (AstroPlay®)," said Donahoe. He said the surface met two key criteria: safety and the ability to stand up to Buffalo weather.

http://www.srisports.com/field/filled.htm

Filled Systems - Fields that look like grass... and perform better

You want the lush, healthy look of an optimum grass field…

You need all-weather performance and full-time playability – not to mention safety and durability.

The solution is a filled system from SRI Sports.

Our AstroPlay® products are designed for high performance and heavy use, with plenty of cushioning for the realities of sport. These fields are ideal for football, baseball, soccer, rugby, lacrosse and numerous other sports and recreation.

But don’t take our word for it – ask the players at Boise State University, West Point, Oklahoma State University – or any one of hundreds of teams nationwide that play ball on AstroPlay®.

Are our filled systems cost-effective? You bet.

And we offer options! You can choose different types of fibers, in-fills and pads for your specific needs:

AstroPlay®: Premium tufted polyethylene fiber with a variety of options designed to meet your needs
Fiber Options: - Choice of various fiber weights
- Various fiber pile heights available
- Plush Cut technology with natural fibrillation
- Nylon 6.6 Root Zone® adding face weight, shock
absorbency and in-fill stability
Fill Options: - Rubber in-fill or an alternate rubber with sand in-fill
Pad Options: - Premium reusable E-Layer® paved pad or foam pad

clear.gif

Astro Play playing surfaces

clear.gif

Buffalo Bills baby!

#1 - who cares
#2 - no astrowhatever field will ever compare to real grass
#3 - this is being moved before you know it, learn WHERE to post.

Cool, this should help Ricky do better in the snow up there, this year. How'd he do last year?

:eek:

REALLY cool.

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

fake grass before, fake grass now....whats the diffrence? you cant water down astroplay.

I guess i did put it i the wrong place SOB I guess I wan't looking. Sorry. We can't really get grass in Buffalo it's not really practical for our area. Buffalo Bills baby!

it's about time. Hell, I'm happy about this. We have to play there every year and this AstroPlay is supposed to give like real grass. They shouldn't have real grass in Buffalo anyway. Look at Green Bay. when the weather's crappy the field gets torn up and freezes with these big rock hard divets.

Your right Ted Lambeau has a terrible field in the winter.

This should help with injuries in Buf..but in the cold..it stills get hard doesn't it..Hopefully it holds up better..

No it doesn't freeze we had some 60 yards of it installed at some of our practice fields and it held up realy well didnt freeze or anything. I like this idea.

well that's great to hear. Good for you guys. I think every stadium with turf should go to this stuff. it is so much better.
Hell I wouldn't mind if Miami went to it just to get rid of that stupid dirt infield. The Marlins should really get their own stadium.. I hate the dirt.

Even if it did freeze, it's better than turf....which is a thin layer of carpet overtop of concrete.

Real mature there RHoffman this isn't the smack forum! Yeah you deserve to be a writer don't you!

"Cool, this should help Ricky do better in the snow up there, this year. How'd he do last year?"

Who cares?

WE LOST.

Back
Top Bottom