Buffalo Soldier's 3rd Annual AFC East Breakdown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo Soldier's 3rd Annual AFC East Breakdown

It's not one or the other, the Bills had the worst statistics and were below 500. There is far more to it then just one thing.

The bad stats still got the Bills 7 times as many wins as the fins last season.

I'm can't believe you keep playing mr statistic and you always overlook that 1-15 was the worst stat in the league last year.

At the end of the season the only stat that really matters is in the win/loss column.

At the end of this season the Bills may be ok at 8-8 or 9-7 but the fish will suck at a 3-13 0r 4-12.

The bad stats still got the Bills 7 times as many wins as the fins last season.

I'm can't believe you keep playing mr statistic and you always overlook that 1-15 was the worst stat in the league last year.

At the end of the season the only stat that really matters is in the win/loss column.

At the end of this season the Bills may be ok at 8-8 or 9-7 but the fish will suck at a 3-13 0r 4-12.

The Bills were a bad team no matter what the fins did. You get upset that I point out the Bills were worse then a 1-15 Dolphin team in several aspectsd of their game last year, why? Is what I'm saying not true? Am I making up numbers? Am I lying? No, no and no. This is a Dolphin site, if you don't like too bad. You act like because the Bills won 7 games they are above criticism, I don't think so.

The Bills were a bad team no matter what the fins did. You get upset that I point out the Bills were worse then a 1-15 Dolphin team in several aspectsd of their game last year, why? Is what I'm saying not true? Am I making up numbers? Am I lying? No, no and no. This is a Dolphin site, if you don't like too bad. You act like because the Bills won 7 games they are above criticism, I don't think so.

You keep quoting stats trying to drag another team down to the fish's level. Trying to make it seem as though Miami were a better team or equal to ANY team in the league is laughable. No-one last year was nearly as bad as the fish.

You dog Stroud talking about injury and being a shell of his former self while the fish are starting guys who missed the bulk of last season, the season before or both. How many fish starters have publicly spoken of retiring in the past few seasons?

BP has put together a rag tag group of players and inheritted the fish's previous mistakes from previous coaches who had no real business being head coach for any team in the league.

To be perfectly honest over the past few seasons I've read how great the fish are and how bad the Bills are from posters like you. As the season wears on I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing how fish fan's optimism gives way to doubt and then dispair as the fans start playing the blame game.

How many weeks before fans start posting how Henne should start? How long before finheaven is split down the middle again? How long, Lord help us, before you call for John Beck to start?

I wont say that Buffalo is better than any other team in the league except the fish. The Bills will have a better Offense, Defense, Special Teams and a better overall record than the fish this season.

To be honest I don't believe the Bills are getting the over-hyped. If anything it's the Jets who are getting all the attention because they've got Espn/Madden's wet dream in Favre. I was watching a preview of Jets/Phins on SNY and Ray Lucas can not only not play Qb he's the worst NFL analyst in the business. He makes Shannon Sharpe and Lou Holtz seem well spoken.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Brett Favre go through a 4-12 season and another 20+pick year. An opening loss to the Phins with Favre being the guy of 05 & 06 and I think the Jets could be the team that are like some of the Dolphins teams that failed.

You keep quoting stats trying to drag another team down to the fish's level. Trying to make it seem as though Miami were a better team or equal to ANY team in the league is laughable. No-one last year was nearly as bad as the fish.

Get over your disrespect for the Dolphins, we weren't as bad as the record indicated last year. Iknow you don't want to believe that, and I really don't care, but we were in half the games we played last year, so spare me this Dolphins are the least talented team in the league crap, cause it just isn't true.

You dog Stroud talking about injury and being a shell of his former self while the fish are starting guys who missed the bulk of last season, the season before or both. How many fish starters have publicly spoken of retiring in the past few seasons?

Stroud was also suspended for drugs (specifically) steroids. He took them to help him heal faster. He's a big boy woth little legs. He will not be the force you expect, he was playing on one of the best D's in the league, he now goes to the Bills who, If I'm not mistaken have finished 31st the last two seasons on D. But you act like he's jumping in the middle of a top 5 defense. I never Stroud WOULDN'T play well, just that he is a question mark till he does, just like everything else in the Bills organization.

BP has put together a rag tag group of players and inheritted the fish's previous mistakes from previous coaches who had no real business being head coach for any team in the league.

Well, you always have hope.

To be perfectly honest over the past few seasons I've read how great the fish are and how bad the Bills are from posters like you. As the season wears on I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing how fish fan's optimism gives way to doubt and then dispair as the fans start playing the blame game.

As do we watching the Bill fans question their front office decision by week three every season. Remember, 7-9 is a losing season just like 1-15 is a losing season. A losing season, is a losing season, is a losing season!! Over the last decade the Bills have seen more of them then the Dolphins not to mention in the two franchises histories. So please stop acting like your team has risen above anyone else.

How many weeks before fans start posting how Henne should start? How long before finheaven is split down the middle again? How long, Lord help us, before you call for John Beck to start?

Chad Pennington has a lot more history of posting good numbers then Trent Edwards so shouldn't you be worring about your own QB situation? Trent has hardly proven anything in 10 whole games as an NFL QB.

I wont say that Buffalo is better than any other team in the league except the fish. The Bills will have a better Offense, Defense, Special Teams and a better overall record than the fish this season.

Again, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

Offensive side of the ball first

Quarterbacks
NE 4
NYJ 3
Buff 2
Miami 2

Tom Brady obviously takes the top spot. Farve comes in second and we will see who becomes the top QB in the division this year. Farve has good targets, good line, and also a good RB. Good situation for him. Buffalo has Edwards, who did well as a rookie last year. Losman is a decent backup also. Edwards has little injury concern throughout the preseason but shouldnt affect him during the year. Miami signed Pennington who looked impressive in his 2 real debuts. Henne impressed as a rookie and looks to be the future.

Runningbacks

Miami 3
Buff 3
NE 2
NYJ 2

If Ronnie was never recovering from such a serious injury and Ricky plays like he has been this preseason, this RB duo would be some of the top of the league. I gave them a 3 however, due to Ronnies injury.Marshawn Lynch is an excellent back that really proved me wrong coming out of the draft. Marooney Ive never been a fan of. He is a big power back, but have not been heavily impressed by him as ESPN scouts have (wonder why that is). Thomas Jones was considered a big signing but did not produce as well as he was expected to last year. He will breakout this year IMO. Leon Washington is somebody I find as a big time threat.

Wide Recievers

NE 4
NYJ 3
BUFF 3
Miami 2

Moss and Welker almost enough said. Jets have cotchery and coles and they will just get better due to the prescence of Farve. Buff gets a 3 out of me not only because of Lee Evans but mainly because I am high on Hardy. I do think he has Rookie of the year potential if Edwards gets him the ball. Size and Speed is what he possesses, looks like Moss rookie year. Ginn is the only threat Miami has. He will have a breakout year. Hagan or Wilford need to step up and become a good 2.

Tight Ends

IMO, not worth writing for. No real stars at this position. Watson is the best but he is no star.

Offensive Line

NE 4
Buff 3
Miami 3
NYJ 3

New England keeps Brady in the pocket upright and that is why he is what he is. Alot more credit of his success should go to his friends up front. Buffalo did very well blocking for two rookies behind center in Edwards and Lynch. Miami rebuilt the line and drafted Long. One of the stronger pieces to this franchise. NY got Faneca and Mangold along Ferguson still stand great there.

I'm done writing for the night. Slightly biased toward Miami I will admit but tried not to be full biased. Hard to do when your a fan. Overall, the division offense shines with good young talent. Should be a fun year to watch.

Patriots (For now)
Bills (MAYBE)
Jets- Dolphins (I think they're pretty equal)

Fins-Jets (Same)
Patriots (Dethroned)
Bills (Good record, just last)

The Jets and the Dolphins are new teams that are hungry for some wins. Bill fans cannot doubt these teams no more. You guys won 2nd place because the Fins and the Jets sucked last year. That's it. The Patriots shut you out as usual. You were also ranked very poorly on offense and defense. Had the Fins had less injuries and a good coaching staff, they would've been in 2nd place at 7-9. They lost 7 games by 3 points, so they were competitive. Parcells has changed every team in the AFC East, except the Bills. You guys are next :d-day:

So you say the fish are better than their record indicates but the Bills are right on their record? You don't see any bias in that opinion?

The fish were 1-15 and the clown show of the league. No one outside of Miami wanted the fish to even win that 1 game.

From passing on Quinn to grab the Ginn family and John Beck being on the ground in the fetal position to the Miami sideline cheering like they had just won the superbowl when they finally beat someone in their one and only win of the season. It was all just a long running joke. The fish got no respect from anybody last season.

Even if the fish were better than their record then they were what 2-14 or 3-13? WOHOO!

Say what you want about the Bills, they weren't the last in the entire league last season.

So you say the fish are better than their record indicates but the Bills are right on their record? You don't see any bias in that opinion?

The fish were 1-15 and the clown show of the league. No one outside of Miami wanted the fish to even win that 1 game.

From passing on Quinn to grab the Ginn family and John Beck being on the ground in the fetal position to the Miami sideline cheering like they had just won the superbowl when they finally beat someone in their one and only win of the season. It was all just a long running joke. The fish got no respect from anybody last season.

Even if the fish were better than their record then they were what 2-14 or 3-13? WOHOO!

Say what you want about the Bills, they weren't the last in the entire league last season.
3-13!? 4-12!?

NFL even says do not underestimate us as we are a 6 win or more team. They also said the future looks very bright for Miami. The Bills are going to be 8-8 or 7-9 for a while. The Jets and the Fins are beginning to look amazing this year and the Pats are falling apart. By the next decade, the Fins, Jets, and the Pats are going to compete for 1st place.

3-13!? 4-12!?

NFL even says do not underestimate us as we are a 6 win or more team. They also said the future looks very bright for Miami. The Bills are going to be 8-8 or 7-9 for a while. The Jets and the Fins are beginning to look amazing this year and the Pats are falling apart. By the next decade, the Fins, Jets, and the Pats are going to compete for 1st place.

What's amazing?

Yeah yeah we all know bash the Dolphins. Let's see where we are in two years eh? Things will be turning around quickly.

In all fairness the Bills are a team I'm not really looking forward to playing. You added a weapon on O with Hardy and you have a good young QB to build on. Can he get the ball to Evans? Will the OL step up? Defense?

I despise the Bills on a daily basis but if everything falls into place you might and I say might sniff the playoffs. Nothing personal I hope it falls through for ya' but I'm worried about matching up against the Bills.

The Jets not so much! :lol:

What's amazing?
The Jets and the Fins are getting good fast. The Bills are good too. I never said they sucked. However, the future looks the brightest for the Fins out of the 4 teams because of the success they've had in preseason and Bill Parcells being in charge.

The Jets and the Fins are getting good fast. The Bills are good too. I never said they sucked. However, the future looks the brightest for the Fins out of the 4 teams because of the success they've had in preseason and Bill Parcells being in charge.

I like that Parcells has a track record but I don't buy into preseason success. I'm still not buying the Jets and how they're going to get good really quick. Really this is make or break year. I don't like Thomas Jones as a RB and Favre was average at best 2/3 seasons. To think it'll be the Favre of last year I think is unrealistic.

I like that Parcells has a track record but I don't buy into preseason success. I'm still not buying the Jets and how they're going to get good really quick. Really this is make or break year. I don't like Thomas Jones as a RB and Favre was average at best 2/3 seasons. To think it'll be the Favre of last year I think is unrealistic.
You need to have more faith in your team. You make it like you don't want the Fins to be good. The Jets are going to be good for a little while, but I agree with you on Farve. He's not going to be as good as last year, but he's not going to be horrible. I just see a lot of improvement with all 3 teams , but I think the Fins and the Jets have more to prove.

You need to have more faith in your team. You make it like you don't want the Fins to be good. The Jets are going to be good for a little while, but I agree with you on Farve. He's not going to be as good as last year, but he's not going to be horrible. I just see a lot of improvement with all 3 teams , but I think the Fins and the Jets have more to prove.

I'm not going to say something that I don't believe is true. The Dolphins have as much to prove as any team in the league. Go 1-15 and that happens. The Jets made some big moves in the offseason. Though they wouldn't of made the Favre move if they had any faith in Clemens. So they're going to be shopping for another Qb in the offseason to either groom or be the starter next season.

I want the team to not suck. Though it's been like 4 coaches in 4 years. Parcells gives me some confidence I think Pennington will help sustain drives. Though I still don't think he's a very good Qb. The best option for the Phins though. Really nobody thought he was very good while he was with the Jets.

If the Dolphins win 6 games i'll be happy. Win 7 and i'll be ecstatic. Though I think the Bills are further ahead but may fall back because of coaching. Sparano is an unknown though it's a Parcells team. So I expect the Dolphins to get better. Though I don't think they're leap-frogging other Afc East teams.

Back
Top Bottom