Buffalo with High Hopes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo with High Hopes

Miami2Canton said:
I found this little gem while trolling on the Buffalo Forums, was curious to see what they thought of their upcoming season. I almost fell out of my chair with this one. I just love the "Destroy the Fish at Home" section, it was my favorite. The last line is a close second.:sidelol:

"A BOLD PREDICTION"

"Lookin at the schedule I feel we will be 9-6 with a chance to go 10-6 goin to Baltimore in a huge season finale for both teams.

Over the first six weeks we will be 3-3 after losin a close one to the Patsies to open the season. Goin in to week 7 against the Pats the bas*ards come into the Ralph and stomp us goin into the bye. JP plays horribly and people all over these boards will be callin for his head. Comin off the bye we annihilate Favre and the Packers with a career performance from JP against a weak defence. We then go into Indy a lose by 10 as our D just can't hold Peyton down in a 34-24 type game. We then role off two big wins against Houston and Jacksonville before losing a close one to the Chargers as Gates has a big game while we contain LT. We then destroy the Fish at home, crushing their playoff hopes while we go to 8-6. After a dismantling of the Titans we go into Baltimore with the winner getting the final spot in the playoffs with a trip to Pittsburgh in the first round.
This is best case scenario and since its the beginning of the season I just can't help but believe its gonna happen. Our first units have been lookin pretty good compared to all the other teams I've seen so far this preseason and I've seen a subantial amount of them thanks to the NFL Network. I say we look every bit as good as teams like the Ravens, Vikings, Jaguars, Rams who are all supposed playoff contenders.
Here's to the beginning of another good run in Bills history! http://boards.buffalobills.com/emoticons/beerbang.gif"
</IMG></IMG>
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

I agree with the bold however.

Here we go again.

Same thing every year.

Bills fans spewing garbage before the season, telling us they'll beat us and what not, then they are NO WHERE to be found after the games.

YAWN.

Squish_The_Fish said:
The funny thing is fish fans who are deadset on the fact their team is great and the Bills will be horrible. In reality the Bills could be anywhere from around 6-10 to 10-6. The fish could be anywhere from around 7-9 to 11-5. Anyone who thinks the bills will be a very bad team hasn't watched the preseason games.

So we should gauge how a team will do by pre-season? Do you know what Indianapolis's pre-season record was last year?

You are going to be bad. Sorry.

B-LO said:
Buffalo has three wideouts with blazing speed (Evans, Price, Parrish, Davis), and they will exploit your patchwork secondary all day long.

Ummm...thats FOUR!!!! Count much????? Bufflao fans got themselves edumacation....

DolphinDevil28 said:
Here we go again.

Same thing every year.

Bills fans spewing garbage before the season, telling us they'll beat us and what not, then they are NO WHERE to be found after the games.

YAWN.

Aren't every team's fans optimistic for the start of the season?

B-LO said:
You know what stats mean the most to me? Wins and losses. Your "awesome" starting QB has a losing record in the NFL. He is coming off an absolutely awful season and a terrible knee injury. He has a reputation for being careless with the ball and the numbers to prove it.

He threw 3 TDs on your secondary in one quarter last year. If that idiot Mularkey had stayed with what worked, he would have thrown for even more. That was when your secondary had some decent players like Schulters and Madison. This year, the unit is worse and the Bills have a new offensive scheme that throws downfield a lot.

In their last three preseason games, Losman threw TDs of 54 and 49 yards, and Nall threw one for 70 yards. Buffalo has three wideouts with blazing speed (Evans, Price, Parrish, Davis), and they will exploit your patchwork secondary all day long.

Seriously, all you guys enjoy your delusion that Miami is going 14-2. It will be quite a disappointment when you watch your defensive backfield make Charlie Batch look like Joe Montana Thursday.

First off, I wasn't aware that quarterbacks single handedly won football games. I'm pretty sure that is determined by a team effort. Daunte does more than enough to put his team in position to win football games.

As for preseason stats, what exactlly does that factor into at the end of the season? Oh that's right, they don't mean ****. Just wait till after week two when the Fins beat the Bills by a score of about 35-10 and you guys are all gone.

Whitner20 said:
all you've got is a Qb that is irresponsible with the football who has never won a meaningful game in his NFl career, and who always chokes when it counts.....

SB my ***..... get a clue, and refute anything I've said.

Here are two of the meaningful games that Culpepper won:

Divisional
Playoffs Jan 6 W 34-16 vs New Orleans Saints

Wild Card
Playoffs Jan 9 W 31-17 at Green Bay Packers

Now that you have proven to be an idiot, you can go away.

Check it out Bills fans, I already got a 50 dollar bet on who's going to have the better record between the Dolphins and Jets.

Is any Bills fan here bold enough to make the same bet between the Dolphins and Bills?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Here are two of the meaningful games that Culpepper won:

Divisional
Playoffs Jan 6 W 34-16 vs New Orleans Saints

Wild Card
Playoffs Jan 9 W 31-17 at Green Bay Packers

Now that you have proven to be an idiot, you can go away.

Ah, but you forgot these two sterling performances that Daunte turned the next week after these in "meaningful" games:

2000 Conference Playoff: NY Giants 41, Minnesota Vikings 0
Culpepper: 28 atts 13 comp 78 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs 1 Fumble

2004 Divisional Playoff: Philadelphia Eagles 27, Minnesota Vikings 14
Culpepper: 46 atts 24 comp 316 yards 1 TDs 2 INTs 1 Fumble

I find it most intriguing how Miami fans conveniently ignore facts that don't suit their fantasies -- and call fans of other teams "homers" and "idiots".

GoBills24 said:
Aren't every team's fans optimistic for the start of the season?

Most are. Look at Miami fans. They're spinning dreams of 12-4 seasons and Super Bowl wins while their head coach is scouring the NFL's trash heap -- also know as the "waiver wire" -- for players -- and actually signing some. Somehow, I don't think that most real playoff contenders are doing the same unless they've had a very recent injury.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
First off, I wasn't aware that quarterbacks single handedly won football games. I'm pretty sure that is determined by a team effort. Daunte does more than enough to put his team in position to win football games.

As for preseason stats, what exactlly does that factor into at the end of the season? Oh that's right, they don't mean ****. Just wait till after week two when the Fins beat the Bills by a score of about 35-10 and you guys are all gone.
I think when a team scores on long bombs in almost every preseason game, it means that they have the QB and the receivers to hit the long ball consistently. That does not bode well for a team whose starting secondary includes guys like Traveres Tillman, Renaldo Hill, Travis Daniels, and Will Allen.

And there is no way Miami drops 35 on Buffalo. You will notice that, unlike Miami, the Bills actually have quality players in the defensive backfield. The two cornerbacks and free safety have all played in the Pro Bowl, and the strong safety is the #8 draft pick that was actually able to win the starting job -- unlike some other first-round safety who you guys thought was so much better.

B-LO said:
I think when a team scores on long bombs in almost every preseason game, it means that they have the QB and the receivers to hit the long ball consistently. That does not bode well for a team whose starting secondary includes guys like Traveres Tillman, Renaldo Hill, Travis Daniels, and Will Allen.

And there is no way Miami drops 35 on Buffalo. You will notice that, unlike Miami, the Bills actually have quality players in the defensive backfield. The two cornerbacks and free safety have all played in the Pro Bowl, and the strong safety is the #8 draft pick that was actually able to win the starting job -- unlike some other first-round safety who you guys thought was so much better.

Oh you mean the same secondary that allowed Chambers to catch 15 balls for 238 yards? Or the same defense that allowed Sage Rosenfels to score 21 points in one quarter on them?

All you listed about our secondary is names. That group will be much better than last year's unit. Each position is upgraded and we have a lot of depth in the backfield. You just wait and see, they'll be fine.

B-LO said:

You're going to eat those words about Hill, Daniels, and both Allens. You want to take me up on that bet?

Whatever you guys think, Losman isn't in Culpepper's league until he proves he can put it together for a whole season.

The reason Dolphins fans think the team this year is going to be better is simple.

Gus Frerrote - Daunte Culpepper
2nd year in Saban's system on defense when they were already #2 in sacks last year
Ronnie Brown going into his 2nd year, not a rookie anymore and we expect him to play like it.
Chambers had over 1000 yards and 11 tds with Gus, you can talk about your deep balls all you want, but the fact is the most dangerous QB-WR combo in the division resides in Miami.

When the Buffalo O-line starts to really block for McGahee, then you guys can talk, until then Losman is going to have to do most of it himself, and he can't.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Oh you mean the same secondary that allowed Chambers to catch 15 balls for 238 yards? Or the same defense that allowed Sage Rosenfels to score 21 points in one quarter on them?

All you listed about our secondary is names. That group will be much better than last year's unit. Each position is upgraded and we have a lot of depth in the backfield. You just wait and see, they'll be fine.
Please explain how the unit is possibly better.

The Giants cut Allen (who has always been bad in coverage) to pick up Madison, who he is replacing in Miami, and you lost Schulters and replaced him with Hill/Tillman -- who are both castoff journeymen. It is too bad that your first-round draft pick who "is way better than Whitner" couldn't crack the starting lineup in your weak defensive backfield.

I'm honestly not worried about Losman at all Week 2. Miami defenders have never been able to recover Bills receivers (even when you had Madison and Surtain, they would get smoked by Moulds/Reed/Price), and this year is no different.

Back
Top Bottom