Buffalo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
News from upstate NY. I heard the Bills may fire Greg Williams in a press conference today. I may just be a rumor but an employee of CBS started it. We shall see.:yell: :eek:

Wow, that would be amazing... But who would replace him? I don't think any of their other coaches are much better, MAYBE the DC?

Originally posted by justafan
Coughlin :D

That would be great... I can think of nothing better for Buffalo than to have the biggest cancer in the locker room be the head coach.

Hey if i where a bills fan i would very happy to have Coughlin $hit I'd take in miami now!!

living near jax, i can say this...

Coughlin :D

you get coughlin... and you just traded a ford in for a chevy, ie one piece of sh** for another.

good luck, justa.

really, you all should really consider forgetting about bleedso. that's, at least, 50% of your offense's problems.

Coughlin is one possibility. The other is that the Bills could name an interim head coach from the present staff, in effect writing off the season, then name a new coach in the off season. Coaches on the staff with head coaching experience include Gilbride, who would be the last choice of Bills fans, Dick LeBeau, and Les Steckel. Another coach who is available is Dennis Green. If the Bills dump Williams now, I'm in favor of the interim coach route since I'm not really smitten with either Coughlin or Green. In the offseason I'd be interested in Nick Saban or Gary Kubiak, among others. A couple current coaches who are on the bubble and might be available after the season are Jim Fassel for the Giants and Brian Billick of the Ravens. Billick at least has a Super Bowl ring to his credit.

As of today, October 28 Williams is still working as coach, so it appears a change is not imminent. With the bye week coming up, now would have been the time to make a midseason change, to give a new guy at least a few days to get acquainted with the team before he has to game plan for the next opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was justa kidding. Couglin is way better than Wanny, FYI. :D

Oh my God!

I was justa kidding. Couglin is way better than Wanny, FYI. :D

:roflmao:

Now I know you're kidding! :rolleyes:

Coughlin, if for no other reason, is possibly the most hated coach (by his players) to pass through the NFL in years... and will NEVER (mark these words) coach in the NFL again!

This entire community, from team owners to players to fans, absolutely hates that mother f***er. Arrogant, stupid, old-fashioned moron.

Will NEVER EVER coach again.

GOT it? :tongue: ;) :D

Re: Oh my God!

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

:roflmao:

Now I know you're kidding! :rolleyes:

Coughlin, if for no other reason, is possibly the most hated coach (by his players) to pass through the NFL in years... and will NEVER (mark these words) coach in the NFL again!

Will NEVER EVER coach again.

GOT it? :tongue: ;) :D

Wanna bet?

He'll coach again. The guy may be an ***, but he took an expansion team deep into the playoffs multiple times. The reason he got fired was because his team couldn't produce during his salary cap hell days, which he created himself. So I think if you take away his GM duties and make him strictly a coach, any team would be happy to take him. He is a proven winner......

There is also the fact that sometimes coaches learn from their mistakes. The Marv Levy who coached Kansas City years ago probably didn't have what it took to take Buffalo to four straight Super Bowls. Yes I know the Bills lost all four so we don't need to trample that ground again. The point is ye wasn't the same coach in Buffalo that he was in KC. Coughlin has reportedly already said he no longer feels the need to have the kind of control he had in Jacksonville. Whether or not he's still the training camp tyrant he was in Jacksonville only he can say. He's not my first choice as a coach, but if he ends up with the Bills I won't be calling for his head before he actually gets on the field with his players.

Back
Top Bottom