Buffalo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Donahoe (sp) officially stated he intends on picking a QB in the 1st round. OUCH. I think this really puts the pressure on Miami to get a 1st for Ugon if they want Eli (yeah right) Ben (almost as unlikely) or Rivers. Buffalo has even stated interest in Lothesbereger (i think that is his name). He would be a 2nd rounder in my opinion but the Jills may stretch.
I would like to see a WR and T with the two 1st rounders and then Harris (like his speed and arm) in the 3rd. Other 3rd should be FS. G/C in the 4th (I could see switching the FS & G if talent is better)CB. MLB, DE & DT to follow. We will need to have some depth now and some talent later as the D ages. Obvioulsy some FA would need to come in before some of these rookies start. Perhaps Tait, Bruce etc. With Chambers, Bruce, Rookie WR 1st rounder, Brunell and Ricky the O may resemble Denvers.
Thoughts on how this changes our offseason approach?

it really changes i did not think their front office had any sense (MCGAHEE). we must beat them to the draw some how.as for our 1st pick we need to get a future franchise qb next years draft is not as good for qbs like this year. id hate to see the jills get a future qb to kill us for the next 10 years.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
it really changes i did not think their front office had any sense (MCGAHEE). we must beat them to the draw some how.as for our 1st pick we need to get a future franchise qb next years draft is not as good for qbs like this year. id hate to see the jills get a future qb to kill us for the next 10 years.

Exectly,
Therefore would you trade both 1st rounders to climb up to get a top 3 qb? Or trade ugon and the 1st for the same? I would but only for Ben or Eli. Rivers makes me a bit nervous and would rather have a kick a$$ WR and T to play behind vets.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Exectly,
Therefore would you trade both 1st rounders to climb up to get a top 3 qb? Or trade ugon and the 1st for the same? I would but only for Ben or Eli. Rivers makes me a bit nervous and would rather have a kick a$$ WR and T to play behind vets.
like you said only if we could get a top 3 qb ben,eli,or rivers yes rivers alot of pepole here do not like him but he will be a great pro qb.ive seen him play alot he is great im sure the coach"s will work on his unorthadocks (spelling) throwing style. all the knocks on rivers are small and can be corrected easily.if we cant get 1 of those guys go wr and tackle just like you said that would be the best thing to do. the veteran qbs that are out there are only a short term solution we need a long term future player this years draft can make that possible.

The Bills will pick the waterboy from UM because his agent said he will break both Dan's single season passing record & Eric's single season rushing record in his first season.....and yeah it gets better will also play D and be the new Kicker & Coach.....lol

OOOHHH wait the waterboy is on the phone with another team....ooohhh no it's just his agent trying to fool the bills again....!!!!LOL!!!

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
The Bills will pick the waterboy from UM because his agent said he will break both Dan's single season passing record & Eric's single season rushing record in his first season.....and yeah it gets better will also play D and be the new Kicker & Coach.....lol

OOOHHH wait the waterboy is on the phone with another team....ooohhh no it's just his agent trying to fool the bills again....!!!!LOL!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the Dolphins should sign Eric Crouch and have him play QB. Draft every possible Husker O-lineman out there and sign any free agents that are available. Let's just implement the Nebraska-style offense. Heck, we pretty much already do that. Why not sign a QB who can actually run it?

:lol:

Donahoe never said he would draft a QB only in round 1. He did say he was in favor of drafting one on DAY 1, which is Rounds 1-3.

Another thing is the Bills do not have a top 10 pick. We pick 13. We should land a stud but not a QB. Roethlisberger & Manning will both go top 5 and Donahoe almost never trades up. If we did take a QB in round 1 we would trade down and grab Rivers.

Most likely scenario, is we upgrade and look for a playmaker on Offense. That means no offensive lineman (We already have two good tackles) and no interior lineman is worthy of such a high pick. I think WR or TE.

A. Kellen Winslow Jr, Reggie or Roy Williams

B. If not O we would look for best pass-rusher off board if Sean Taylor is gone for our D.

Our owner did say he wants an upgrade on offensive personnel and WR is the most likely option, IMO. Moulds is not getting younger and we need more threats in the passing game.

Look around at NFL starting QBs - you don't need to get one in the first round.

And those who do go in the first round aren't always the guys who end up as stars.

Miami needs a QB, but if one of the top four (i'm including Tulane's Losman) isn't around, Miami's better off picking a top WR/OL and waiting on a QB.

Current NFL depth charts prove that you can win big with a late-drafted QB.

Roethlisberger you are consider a 2nd? He is a top 15 pick, likely to be picked 5-10 at this point.

Originally posted by Jaj
Roethlisberger you are consider a 2nd? He is a top 15 pick, likely to be picked 5-10 at this point.
if not the number 1 overall selection!!!

Originally posted by Jaj
I think he means someone else as he says prior to that
Ben (almost as unlikely)
, which would be Ben Rothlisberger and that confers to me he thinks that we could not get him at 20, therefore the Lothesbereger guy must be someone different if he is available in the 2nd.

I heard Donahoe say they would take a QB on the first day of the draft...not the first round.

If Manning and Ben (can't...spell...name) are gone (and they will be) by the 13th pick...there isn't anyone worth taking in round 1 anyway.

To asnwer your questions:

Buffalo will draft Kellen Winslow in the 1st round.

Buffalo will draft a good OL in the 2rnd round.

Buffalo will draft John Navarre or Ell Roberson in the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom