Buffalo's picks.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo's picks....

McKinnie's better, in my opinion. Mike Tice, a former offensive line coach, knows he got a steal with Bryant at the 7th slot.

I just don't see the need for Reed. I think he is a great talent, but WR is probably the only area of the team that didn't need improvement. They needed to add antoher DT, DE, LB, and RB so they take a WR. Makes since to me:p

i think we spend to much time,

putting down the bills players. i'm not an expert, but i think there is a story here about the management. do these people really know what they're doing?

Re: i think we spend to much time,

Originally posted by dolfan06
putting down the bills players. i'm not an expert, but i think there is a story here about the management. do these people really know what they're doing?

Are you serious????? Tom Donahue and Tom Modrak. First of all TD is great. He built the Steeler teams of the 90’s. And Modrak built the Eagles. He could be a GM for any team in the league. The Eagles dropped him so late last year that he jumped on with the Bills. The only position open this year was in ATL and Modrak decided to stay. As for Reed in the Second round, Did you ever hear the concept of “Best Player on the Board†This guy was the 3rd best WR in the draft. That’s a steal. The Bills have received a draft grade of at least a B in every sports publication I have read (except in a Miami newspaper where they got a D or an F). I wonder why.

As for Williams v. McKinnie. McKinnie was running his mouth quite a bit before the draft. The Bills historically have stayed away from players that may get into trouble. I also heard an interview with McKinnie and he didn’t sound too bright. Williams on the other hand is a nice guy, always says the right thing and has a great sense of humor. He will look great next to R. Brown.

I agree that he may have trouble pass blocking against speed rushers, but I can’t wait to see Williams and Brown plowing over Jason Taylor and Zack Thomas on running plays. These guys are big and they WILL open up some big holes.

billsfan

ok genius, who was it that decided ole' robby boy was better than flutie? sure as hell wasn't wannstedt!

Re: billsfan

Originally posted by dolfan06
ok genius, who was it that decided ole' robby boy was better than flutie? sure as hell wasn't wannstedt!

That's easy....First of all they both suck....second, I don't remember the exact figures, but Because Bumble Chin signed both of these guys to huge contrats, we couldn't afford to keep them both OR cut them both. The cap hit for cutting RJ last year would have been somthing like 7 million, cutting Flutie cost somthing like 4 million. Cutting both would be 11 million. ( again don't quote me on the numbers). So you see if we would have cut Johnson, we would have had to cut more players then we did and we would have been 1-15.

They wanted to cut both last year but it would have cost a fortune.

As a matter of fact, when TD was working for ESPN.com, the season before he came to Buffalo, he said "it's a no-brainer, start Flutie". When he came to town, he realized that it would have been impossible to keep them both, cut them both or even keep Flutie and cut Johnson. The decision was allready made for him by Butler, who I think gave a 4 year $15 million deal to the waterboy.

RJ vs DF debate:

1) Keeping RJ was more cap friendly than keeping DF
2) RJ was willing to work with the new OC....DF wasn't
3) Keeping DF would have still required a "QB of the future"
4) Keeping RJ gave him a season to prove he was the "QB of the future"
5) DF was/is a "cancer" in the locker room. RJ wasn't/isn't
6) Keeping DF would have even more regressive to the organization. We may have won 5 instead of 3 and missed out come draft day; cap differences may have precluded the off-season we've had

Now, how about a Fins fan talkin with some intelligence :rolleyes:

:monkey: Doll-Felons

i think murder

is worse than anything the dolphins have done, so why do you refer to the dolphins as dol-felons when there is an ex bill running around wih blood on their hands. the organization can't be held responsible for individuals actions. GET REAL! ok

OJ was a member of the 49'ers last. He would never have had such problems if he had stayed in Buffalo. He's their problem! :D

Back
Top Bottom