Building a dynasty with parity | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a dynasty with parity

Thanks for the replies.

It seems to me you need a great FO and a great HC, and perhaps a solid leader at QB. I think it starts with a personel guy. HE needs to be able to find and spot a truly great HC. The assistants are more difficult because the better assistant the more likely he will be offered a better job elsewhere. But it is amazing that some teams manage to keep OCs and DCs who are really good for at least a few years. Player talent tends to be the same. Eventually a good player will just cost too much and demand too much (Ogun). Again the personel guy/GM or whoever works out the contract ends up being the most important.

One overlooked quality is the relationships from the top down, between the owner, GM, Coach, etc. One reason the Pats have been so successful is BB and Pioli are on the same page, and they have complete support from Kraft. No more warroom arguments ala Tuna & Kraft. They know exactly the players and the type of player the want. The scouts go out and fins them.

There is no true dominate team right now. I can't see one team in the NFL right now and be afraid of it. Say the cowboys in early 90's and 49ers of the 80's. A big reason is the salary cap, no longer will these teams exist. Some teams are lucky and have great coaching (Pats). Others don't seem to take advantage of their breaks and have lousy coaching (Dolphins). If I would pick a team right now that is a so called dynasty. It must be the pats. Although, as a team, they don't scare me dominating wise.

I've always thought depth can kill a team. See Miami, for example - Fiedler goes down and the offense goes AWOL. Zach misses a game and we get burned - badly. Obviously this is far more noticeable in glory-boy positions, but a lack of good, solid backups at the lines, for example, will destroy a team faster than, say, a lack of a good, solid QB.

I'd write more throughly, but it's late...

Back
Top Bottom