Bulger breaks the bank | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bulger breaks the bank

TotoreMexico

Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that, contrary to some other reports on the matter, the new contract signed by Rams quarterback Marc Bulger is a six-year, $65 million deal with a whopping $29 million in guaranteed money.
Schefter reports that Bulger will earn $32 million in the first three years of the deal.
It's not quite Dwight Freeney or Peyton Manning (or Mike Vick) money, but it's close. It's the fourth-highest guaranteed money package in league history.
With that said, it soon could be eclipsed by one or both of the first two picks in the 2007 draft -- Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell and Lions receiver Calvin Johnson. We've heard rumbling that they each want at least $30 million guaranteed.
Bulger skipped a mandatory meeting on Thursday evening, and the deal was wrapped up on Friday morning.
Meanwhile, it's been nice to talk about a former WVU player and money without the topic being the former WVU player throwing the money in the air at a strip club.

Scratch off St. Louis from Culpepper's list. Bulger when healthy is one of the elite QB's in the NFL. Very underrated, very accurate. I like his game alot.

I think it is fair if you look at his numbers. He is a top tier QB. Good for him

I like Bulger a lot. If his line gives him more protection, watch out.

Back
Top Bottom