Burnett/ williams unimpressive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett/ williams unimpressive

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
with all this talk about jamar fletcher, i just thought i would bring up the real problem on this team. the DT spot on third down. I am not happy with what i see from these two. im so pissed that henry Taylor is not on this team. that kid was way better than these two! he would have gotten some penetration at some point. and i dont want to hear any crap about how our DT's play in a shceme. that is piss poor anaylisis. Our DT's got used yesterday! plain and simple!:monkey:

No one was impressive on the DL yesterday. Glenn had Taylors number most of the day. James sliced through the middle. The DL will have to put pressure on Vinny this week or Miami could be in for a long day.

Can Henry Taylor get sacks like Burnett and Williams can? Nope, didn't think so. Defensive linemen are usually inconsistent and you can't expect a sack a game from a guy like Taylor but more like a few sacks every few games.

d-line.................

i am very dissapointed with our front 4 so far. but in there defense, the colts got away with a crap load of blatant holding in that game. i have never seen so many jersys stretched out in all my life. and no calls.

we must have oissed the refs off in that game some how because they started hammering us in the second half of that game. expecially in the last 5 minutes. i was starting ot expect a flag on every miami play!!

but the run defense has looked week starting last year. pre season had teams running all over us. and edgerin was running like there was no one in front of him.

wanny can spin it however he wants saying that is how they designed the defense this week but there are some serious flaws in this years scheme.

PROSECUTE THE FLORIDA 3!!

It would be interesting to see how "bad officiating" corresponds to the point spread.....I'm not really sure how to go about checking that out but, I would bet(pun intended) that the results would show a bias against the team who is covering the spread....JMO.

:topic:, I know...sorry.

I'm glad Im not the only one who saw the Colts o-line get away with some serious holding... I believe it was this play at the end of the 4th QTR....
2-7-MIA38 (1:22) P.Manning pass to T.Walters pushed ob at MIA 12 for 26 yards (T.Gamble).

I think it was taylor was just about to mug manning until the defender (who was falling to the ground on his back under taylor) grabbed taylor's jersey by the numbers on the front and pulled him to the ground.

I'm almost positive the ref was looking right at it... I was CERTAIN the flag was goign to be thrown. Incredulously it wasn't. I can only hope the ref had a bad angle on the play...

I'm interested to see if anyone who has a tape of the game saw the same thing.

I agree, I was unimpressed with lack of pressure our front 4 provided yesterday. BUT David Bowens should be back this week, and that should help improve our pass rush.

My major concern right now is Patrick Surtain. He is listed as questionable for Sunday. Hopefully the next three - four days rest will improve his status. GO FINS!

Originally posted by 13isgr81
I'm glad Im not the only one who saw the Colts o-line get away with some serious holding... I believe it was this play at the end of the 4th QTR....
2-7-MIA38 (1:22) P.Manning pass to T.Walters pushed ob at MIA 12 for 26 yards (T.Gamble).

I think it was taylor was just about to mug manning until the defender (who was falling to the ground on his back under taylor) grabbed taylor's jersey by the numbers on the front and pulled him to the ground.

I'm almost positive the ref was looking right at it... I was CERTAIN the flag was goign to be thrown. Incredulously it wasn't. I can only hope the ref had a bad angle on the play...

I saw a lot of holding by the Colts too. Especially in the second half. :yell:

Originally posted by 13isgr81

If you are talking about the RT holding, noncall, well in the chat room, Mucklord, and myself both typed it at nearly the same time. He was pulled down RIGHT IN FRONT of the Ref........

I was never in favor of bringing in Burnett, and still don't expect much from him this season.....I have said it all along, and for months......I just really hope he proves me wrong!

Bring in D-BO!!!!!!

I'm a little disappointed at the LACK OF PATIENCE.

Fellas!!!

Good grief! Give me a break. So the defense didn't record any sacks and it put only "average" pressure on Manning and then only sporadically. We got THREE PICKS, remember?!?!

And we had a MASSIVE goal line stand at the ONE!

Oh, and yes it's true that the EDGE ran all over the place. But NOT for any BIG runs. No game breakers... rushing or passing.

Look, I totally questioned our defense, too. But I though about it some more after watching the post games shows and that's when I got the idea that Bates INTENTIONALLY had the defense playing back or "soft"... during the whole game (and not just the second half). And you know what? It worked! :D

See, here's what I think:

The idea was... to see just how patient Manning and co. would really be. Seriously, think about it. Given how Edgarin was running... WHY didn't they just keep getting him the ball???

Personally, I think they could have won if they'd kept it on the ground more. But they were... all together now... IMPATIENT!

I think Bates and Wanny knew this (sadly, probably from experience). :rolleyes:

Lets give our defense a break, fellas! After all, they DID hold one of the top 10 offenses in the NFL to 13 under THEIR roof.

Sheesh! :goof:

Yes Exactly!

Originally posted by Ozzy

If you are talking about the RT holding, noncall, well in the chat room, Mucklord, and myself both typed it at nearly the same time. He was pulled down RIGHT IN FRONT of the Ref........

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAW! It was so clear, and with the ref standing right there I was sure there was going to be a flag... That play went for 26 yards at the most critical time in the game.

I know I am whining... wah... but to see our guys get called for such ambiguous actions and them not get flagged for such an OBVIOUS one, i dunno... makes ya go hmmm...

I guess I just want the Phins to win the Super Bowl on every play.

I saw that play as well. So did the guy next to me. AO would of gotten to the qb. It was a good hold, but should of been called.

D_Bo will still be inactive until someone gets hurt.

Numbers game and he's caught up in it.

Back
Top Bottom