Butch Davis Resigned | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Butch Davis Resigned

Dredd1050

A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know. Cleveland is in worse shape than Miami in terms of organization right now.

Uh yeah... the question is just where is Butch going? Would you want him here?

I personally would rather him go back to college. Somewhere like UF. He would be a good fit there...

Oboy said:
Uh yeah... the question is just where is Butch going? Would you want him here?

I personally would rather him go back to college. Somewhere like UF. He would be a good fit there...
Its a crazy rumor but I heard that a job swap might be in the works.Saban to the Browns.Davis to LSU.Take it for what its worth.

Here is the printed confirmation.

Browns Head Coach Butch Davis Resigns

By TOM WITHERS
AP Sports Writer

spacer-1.gif

spacer-1.gif
spacer-1.gif

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cleveland Browns head coach Butch Davis resigned on Tuesday, leaving a last-place team with five games remaining in a season going nowhere.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BROWNS_DAVIS_RESIGNS?SITE=NYBUE&SECTION=HOME

when is wilbert montgomery, RB coach for St.Louis gonna get a shot? right, or maurice carthon?

He has already said he doesn't want the Florida job.

I think North Carolina, Duke, or LSU is where he ends up.

MikeO said:

carthon or w.montgomery for cleveland.

ErroneousFlint said:
carthon or w.montgomery for cleveland.
depends on who they hire for a GM first. If they get Pioli then expect Weiss to get that job.

Montgomery won't get an NFL job. Herm Edwards as ruined and killed the notion of any position coach ever getting promoted to head coach with no coordinator experience.

MikeO said:

He also said he was staying at Miami. And then dumped them right before recruiting started.

MikeO said:
depends on who they hire for a GM first. If they get Pioli then expect Weiss to get that job.

Montgomery won't get an NFL job. Herm Edwards as ruined and killed the notion of any position coach ever getting promoted to head coach with no coordinator experience.
how did he do that?

BassFin said:
He also said he was staying at Miami. And then dumped them right before recruiting started.
The Miami AD probably told him to say that. In college you can't say your leaving or looking. That will KILL recruiting. Him leaving hurt recruiting enough already. If he had stated he was looking around for an NFL job, recruiting would have been destroyed.

MikeO said:

any chance of browns luring newsome? in that case you could see one of these guys.

ErroneousFlint said:
how did he do that?
He stinks! He loses numerous games because of time management, something you need experience with as a coordinator (getting plays in) or as a head coach. Herm is a nice guy. Gives a great press conference. But is a terrible gameday coach.

Watch NFL Network. The behind the scenes of the Ravens-Jets game. It was on a couple weeks back, they replay it often. The Jets sideline is a joke. They had no clue whats going on.

Then watch tapes of last years NE-NYJ game from Foxboro. And NYJ-Philly game from Philly last year. Herm isn't a head coach. No team will EVER promote a position coach to head coach ever again because of him.

MikeO said:

pioli said already that he was locked in with NE until 2006

Back
Top Bottom