Butler passes...Chargers GM Dies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Butler passes...Chargers GM Dies

Chargers GM died today

per espn

SAN DIEGO -- John Butler, the San Diego Chargers' general manager and an architect of Buffalo's Super Bowl teams of the 1990s, died Friday from lung cancer, the Chargers said. He was 56.

Butler, diagnosed with the disease in July, was the Bills' general manager for eight seasons before taking that job in San Diego in 2001.

He was in Buffalo's front office for all of its record four straight trips to the NFL championship game from 1991-94. The Bills lost all of those Super Bowls.

Not sure if this means the Seau stuff will be put on hold.

:cry: I know we all hated the guy- in a sports sense- from his days in Buffalo, but let's all keep his family in our prayers. Cancer is the great equalizer that discriminattes against neither young nor old, nor rich nor poor.

:(

Re: Chargers GM died today

Originally posted by glh205

Not sure if this means the Seau stuff will be put on hold.

I'd have to say that should be the last thing on anyone's mind here. A man just died and his family now has to move on without him, let's worry about the people here first and put a moratorium on the Seau talk with regards to Butler's passin. :shakeno:

I think someone needs to get their proirities right. We all have to die some time, but football is forever. The important thing here is to try and take advantage to the situation. Be nice to SD and act like we get a crap, while pushing though a trade that would give us Seau for a bargin. Shoot, maybe we can put in a clause in small writing where we can get Quintin Jammer in the deal for a 7th round pick as well. }:-)

This was sudden and I'm shocked. Sorry to hear of this and my thoughts and prayers go to his family this evening.

Originally posted by FINFAN38
I think someone needs to get their proirities right. We all have to die some time, but football is forever. The important thing here is to try and take advantage to the situation. Be nice to SD and act like we get a crap, while pushing though a trade that would give us Seau for a bargin. Shoot, maybe we can put in a clause in small writing where we can get Quintin Jammer in the deal for a 7th round pick as well. }:-)

:rolleyes:

How can you make a comment like that?

What an ass you are!

:monkey: FINFAN38

Dude, you really should refrain from saying things like this. If you really feel this way, keep it to yourself, cause around here you'll be stepping on toes with comments like this.:o

i knew he was sick, but somehow we always convince ourselves they'll pull through. i recently lost my father at age 58, and that's really tough. you always want to picture a guy at his retirement party & to think about what a great day that will be... my thoughts and sympathies go out to his family.

I really hope that you are saying this as a sick joke, while I do believe football is a business and the Chargers will have to go on with business as usual (Unless the NFL gives them a delay), For a person to make a comment about taking advantage of a situation like this is very very sad.:fire:

My prayers go out to his family, John Butler used to be on the radio here in Rochester when he was with the Bills, the guy never had a mean thing to say about anyone. Even though in the NFL world he was with our hated rival, I always respected the type of person he seemed to be.

This guy is an embarrasment not just as a finfan but as a human being. If anyone is to be banned w/o breaking TOS , he should.

Back
Top Bottom