"Bye Bye Ricky" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Bye Bye Ricky"

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Today is a day that has woken me up to reality. Literally. It was 9:00 AM Eastern Time, and my father woke me up saying "Bad News man, Ricky Williams has retired." I took it at heart and jumped up out of the bed to come on Finheaven and see what was up. But as I went to the bathroom to put in my contacts, reality struck.

The news was on and Ch. 10 was reporting Ricky Williams is retiring and that his couldn't have happened at a worser time. The ladies who are broadcasting where talking about this being a way for contract negotiating but I know it is not. What has happened?

Well Ricky has never been your normal player. From his style of play, from his style of speaking to the media, from his style of doing and handling things period was different than everything we know to be normal. But he was never a bad guy. He had issues and he dealth with them and then he came to Miami and looked like a fresh new face that would bring us that Super Bowl. I being 14 when he arrived said "Yes! A good RB...lets get it done now!" He was honestly my favorite player on the Fins. He was clean, and very humble. He was who I looked up to on the Dolphins, and now I look down at him. He has broken my heart and the Millions of Dolphins Fans around the world. But forget the fans for a second how do you think the Miami Organization is going to feel?

Dave Wannstedt? He knows his job is on the line this year and I back him up 100% but does he honestly think Minor can carry the load?

Travis Minor? Being compared to Ricky all season and putting the weight of the season on his shoulders isn't going to make life easy on the young player.

Wayne Huizenga? The face of your Franchise is gone. What do you do know?

Rick Spielman? Same as Wannstedt.

How about a guy like Tim Bowens? Has been here through EVERY up and down and has never quit much less quit on a play but here Ricky runs...Ricky runs faster then he ran in the Buffalo Bill game in the snow. Ricky is gone, and our team is in trouble. The worst offseason JUST GOT WORSE.

Just as I looked up to Ricky a couple years ago, I now say Forget it, I do not know If I should look up at athletes especially when stuff like this can come out of left field at any given time. So in the words of Howard David against the New York Jets at home during Ricky's Reign - - Year 1..."There he goes! Bye Bye Ricky!"

Also..how many think Minor can carry the load all season?

Back
Top Bottom