Bye Week Grade... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Week Grade...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Grade the overall offensive play, defensive play, and special teams play at this juncture - the bye week.

Offense (D-)
Defense (D+)
Special Teams (C)

I just cannot give my Dolphins an F so I will, instead, lean heavy on that loser grade.

You?

So for this bye week, the Offense will be consistent, shut out in the 2nd half for 5th consecutive week. Im sure Rowe will keep it going by continuing to get burned in practice. So...first qtr grades....

Coaching: D
Offense: F
Defense: F
Intangibles: D
Special Teams: D

I would have given special teams a C but can’t when you look at the bad decision making on Grant bringing out a lot of kicks, a muff vs Baltimore, Matt Shaank punts, and 3 missed Sanders FGs.

So for this bye week, the Offense will be consistent, shut out in the 2nd half for 5th consecutive week. Im sure Rowe will keep it going by continuing to get burned in practice. So...first qtr grades....

Coaching: D
Offense: F
Defense: F
Intangibles: D
Special Teams: D

I would have given special teams a C but can’t when you look at the bad decision making on Grant bringing out a lot of kicks, a muff vs Baltimore, Matt Shaank punts, and 3 missed Sanders FGs.
Tank: A

I will grade the players when I have a chance. It won’t be letter grade based

Sneak peak there’s only one plus

Before this season began I stated that I would be assessing this team based on progress. While the first couple of weeks were shockingly bad across all metrics, I have seen progress, and there is reason to be encouraged … somewhat.

1. Defense - We were worse than even I expected allowing 59 points, and my hope is that this never happens again in the future history of the Miami Dolphins. I really didn't like the 40-burger either. But, the last two games allowed 31 and 30 points … terrible, but significantly better than the first two weeks.

2. Offense - While we have been abysmal, there have been positives. I have seen Josh Rosen's play improve and start to show glimpses of the QB he has the potential to become. Despite numerous injuries and a revolving door of players, our OL is improving. Rookie Michael Deiter has made some very significant strides. Jesse Davis, when healthy, wasn't as bad as expected at LT. All in all, there is hope here. DaVante Parker has started to show the potential we have been waiting on to stay healthy for so long.

3. Coaching - Our run defense is less horrible. Our secondary isn't as bad as the scores indicate considering our complete absence of pass rush. The DL players are learning. All in all, the coaching isn't anywhere close to what I had hoped, but it does appear the players are improving, so that's something.

4. I had targeted week 6 (game 5) as the first real evaluation game because it takes so long to learn all these new systems and we have so many new players. I'll reserve judgement until after the bye and our week 6 game. So for me … no grade yet on any of this.

Lets look at the bright side fellas... we arent going to lose this week... by that much.

Position groups...

Te

Gesicki- minus. That likely becomes a replace during next season. Only reason im saying give it one more year is cause he looks like he belongs in pads at least and his feet are more under him and miamis got bigger fish to fry this offseason. Year 3 is **** or get off the pot time

Smythe- minus. Disappointed with his development.

O’Leary- serviceable. Which is largely ask based. Which is limited

Position groups...

Te

Gesicki- minus. That likely becomes a replace during next season. Only reason im saying give it one more year is cause he looks like he belongs in pads at least and his feet are more under him and miamis got bigger fish to fry this offseason. Year 3 is **** or get off the pot time

Smythe- minus. Disappointed with his development.

O’Leary- serviceable. Which is largely ask based. Which is limited
Gesicki, one of the biggest wiffs we've had in recent years...along with Harris. Man I thought this guy would just tear up the league. If we cut him, he'll go to the Evil Empire and become a god....you just know it.

For what their intent was, they get an A+. Historically bad.

Exactly.... I don't understand why "some" people are pretending like this is a normal year. I see way too many posts from people that can't or won't accept this year for what it is. It actually makes me feel kinda bad for them. I had zero expectations for this team this year so I'm not frustrated or mad or anything. I understand the need to get as many picks as possible and the higher those picks the better.
I will say this though..... They better kill it when it comes to the draft and free agency next year cause i definitely don't want the team to be this bad EVER again.

Back
Top Bottom