"C-" from Dr. Z | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"C-" from Dr. Z

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
C-

MIAMI DOLPHINS -- The first-round choice was Vernon Carey, the best guard in the draft, and they project him to tackle. So far so good. Now the elevator stops at four and we find CB Will Poole, who's been in trouble everywhere he's been and ran slightly faster than yours truly can run. In the next round I find a tough SS named Tony Bua who's a converted LB, and way down in the seventh there's LB Derrick Pope, whose special teams play in the Senior Bowl was really eye-catching And that's about all that stirs me on this board.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=2004draftreport&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

HEy they may be anaylst but they are not scouts they acually watch these guys in person and make a judgement im not listening to any of the anaylst BS until i see the player perfrom and make my own judgement of him

like Rick or Wanne said, the "real" grade needs to include Wade Smith and Jr Seau whom we traded picks for :D

Yeah, I read this. Keep in mind this is the same guy who thought Marino was going to be a huge bust.

Dr. Z is incorrect about Will Poole being in trouble everywhere he went. He was in trouble at BC, but not a Ventura Jr. College or not at USC...Unless someone else knows something...but I am sure that Pete Carroll has stated to several sources that he was a model citizen at USC...for what it is worth....

Oh, yeah, I forgot, Poole did run the 4.7s at his pro day but was sick with Strep throat and ear infections, but at his private workout, which the Fins attended, he ran a 4.52 and a 4.55

Hey 34RWilliams, are you aware that Slipknot is breaking up? Sad.....

Dr Z gets a C- on his first round mock draft.

He only matched 6 players with the correct team in his mock. NFL draft countdown came in first in matching 13 players in it's mock. Kiper had a respectable 2nd place finish with 10 correct matches in his Mock.

How can anyone grade a draft before any of the drafted players even step on the field?

Section126 said:
Seriously...no offense guys...but Slipknot really....really...really....sucks.

It's all good, everyone is an entitled to their opinion.....in fact, I'm sure Slipknot doesn't care that there are plenty of people who think they suck. After all, they try to piss people off. Sorry, :topic:

But about Dr. Z, let's see what he thinks about this draft when Vernon Carey is plowing holes on the O-line, Will Poole is tearing it up in the secondary and Tony Bua is busting skulls on special teams.....

hell, i hope everyone gives us a big fat "F" and everyone thinks we suck and underestimate us. :)

Back
Top Bottom