C.Greenway or T.Hill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C.Greenway or T.Hill?

crowder_rules said:
lbs can be drafted everywhere. look at odell thurman or channing crowder. i would much rather cameron vaughn or spencer havner. round 3-4 options and tye hill/antonio cromartie/jimmy williams than chad greenway and a round 3-4 option defensive back.

the speed and talent of those dbs is special and only available in the top rounds. linebackers are much more valuable in the later rounds than the db's available at that point.

I like DBs in the first two rounds, then like you said, go after Vaughn later

No thanks on Vaughn, Havner would be okay but not Vaughn.

personally I don't have an opinion yet on Hill I didn't see him in college maybe a game but thats it. I saw alot of Greenway and I think he'd be a good playmaker. Simpson would be great, he has tons of potential, I'm just trying to get an idea of who people think would be the best selection for Miami

If I had to pick one of those 2 then Greenway of course but right now I like Lawson and Carpenter better than I like Greenway......as a pure LB I like Carpenter better tho Lawson will be able to do more thing....depends on what Nick really wants....I'd be happy with Lawson Carpenter or Greenway tho but not Hill at 16.

Ozzy rules!!

If I had to pick one of those 2 then Greenway of course but right now I like Lawson and Carpenter better than I like Greenway......as a pure LB I like Carpenter better tho Lawson will be able to do more things....depends on what Nick really wants....I'd be happy with Lawson Carpenter or Greenway tho but not Hill at 16.

Ozzy rules!!

nick1 said:
if it comes down to them at #16 when we're up who do you pick? both positions are needs. so based on potential who do you choose?

It isnt even close... Greenway is a much better fit for the defense than Hill...

I dont like Greenway because he didnt look all that great at the combine.The LB i think is fast moving up the board is Ernie Sims.This guy is sick.I would rather have him or Ko Simpson at 16.

If it were between those 2, Id take Hill. I like Greenway, but the high 4.7s for the 40, and only 16 reps at 225, makes me wonder about his upper body strength. Heard Cutler did 23 reps, doesnt make Greenway look real good.
Seems like evry year, their is 1 or 2 players that were projected to go in the top 10-12 and slip down a little. Hoping this year that will happen again.

For our defense, Greenway is better. But I have been a Tye Hill supporter for a while now, and would love to get him. I believe Hill will be a great CB for the Cincinatti Bengals :D

Chad Greenway, all the way. If there is one player in this draft that is the prototype for what I call a "Nick Saban-Type" of player, it is Chad Greenway. He's the second best linebacker in this draft, and he has the versatility to play either the strong side or the weak side in Nick's 4-3 defense.

Tye Hill will be a very good cornerback for a team like Atlanta that doesn't put an emphasis on size at this position, but for the Dolphins, he is simply too short. In fact, in my updated mock draft that I will put out after a couple of weeks of free agency has gone by, I'm projecting Tye Hill to the Falcons with the 15th pick. The question about Miami's pick at this point is whether or not Chad Greenway will be there, because he is drawing a lot of interest from Arizona at 10, St. Louis at 11, and Cleveland at 12. I'm not sure he drops passed Cleveland.

I like Tye Hill but he hasn't played CB that long and he's still learning the position. I think in time he'll be really great.
But I think I'd rather have Greenway. His benchpress and 40 doesn't bother me a bit. When he takes on a blockers he doesn't have a bench behind his back. What I seen in him at the combine was his good feet, he has feet like a DB with a body of a linebacker. And he flys all over the feild. I think he'd improve our defense right away.
With that said I'd rather have a CB in the first but I'm not sure there will be a CB avaliable thats worthy of a 16th pick. So maybe were better of waiting till the 2nd for a CB.

Back
Top Bottom