C. Jenkins is a Beast | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C. Jenkins is a Beast

M-REAL

"Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"
Reaction score
Jenkins was a beast out there, deflections and tackles! This guy has amazing speed and IMO will make it. I am very impressed with him.

Originally posted by M-REAL
Jenkins was a beast out there, deflections and tackles! This guy has amazing speed and IMO will make it. I am very impressed with him.

M-real, I agree with you. Jenkins was all over the field. He's a great athlete. It will take him some time to learn the nuances of playing linebacker, but I can see him as a starting OLB for us in the future.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey Jenkins had as many passes defended tonight as Morlon Greenwood had the entire 2002 season: 1

Originally posted by M-REAL

He also missed 3 easy tackles. He has great potential, but he is far from the BEST out there.

Oliver...

Yes, he's still learning how to tackle.

I'm gonna start callin him "Crash" Jenkins cuz the dude tries every play to blow someone up but his tackling technique is still poor.

Even if he doesn't bring you down, he's gonna try and blow you up.

Even if you don't have the ball, he's gonna try and blow you up.

Its so funny to watch him out there. A RB will come out of the backfield and the QB will toss the ball into the ground at the RB's feet. But here comes Crash Jenkins even though the ball is practically lying still on the ground by this time and Crash Jenkins pulls the trigger and tries to hit you as hard as he can.

Note to all runningbacks taking a fake hand-off/play-action....Crash Jenkins will blow you up even if you don't have the ball.

I had a ball watchin the guy. He has a nose for the ball. He doesn't know what he can and cant do yet so I think he pushes some limits that other backers take for granted maybe. Sees a RB running a certain way so he's just like, why dont I just run into the backfield and go get him?

But his tackling is still p!ss poor overall. He goes for the blow-up everytime and ends up missing a lot because of it. Someone needs to tell that guy to wrap his hands around the ballcarrier (or in his case, whoever Crash thinks has the ball).

I doubt the starter part. However I think he will make a fine backup/special teamer for the next few years and might make it for 5-6 years as a backup in this league which is impressive for a guy his age and never playing LB.

Jenkins was ALL OVER the field.. a beast is the correct word! He makes this team..

Yeah he has nose for the ball alright. Being a QB in college he is used to having his hands on the ball all the time. He feels it's his and he's pissed that he doesn't have it.

his tackling has long way to go. But with his nose for the ball he is going to blow up some plays but he will also make some HUGE mistakes because of his inexperience. Only two games at LB in college I think

Hey Muck, I made a mistake last night when I said deflection(s). I meant an awesome deflection. I was so stoked to finally watch a Fins football game, it got the better of me at the time. Jenkins needs to work on his tackling, but you did find him being around the football alot tho', hehe, even if the whistle was already blown. At least the guy is tring to make an impact for the team. I saw Fletcher playing better and man "Zack is Back". There's the #1 Beast on defense!

Hey man, I wasn't even correcting you. I was just passing along a little tidbit I heard on the radio!! More of a dig on Greenwood than anything else.

But man, Jenkins was all over the place. I loved that one play where he knifed thru the line and dropped the RB for a loss. I think he'll be a nice player for us. You can teach a guy how to tackle. But you can't teach that nose for the ball. :up:

Look !! There is a gang sign in Peanuts signature....

Back
Top Bottom