Cade to have surgury. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cade to have surgury.

Ducken

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
49ers | McNown Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
17:50 PT: 49ers.com reports San Francisco 49ers backup QB Cade McNown (shoulder) will have surgery “within the next few days." He will then be placed on IR.

So we should get the pick for trading him. So we should have 3 7th rd picks. Maybe we could package some or all together with some other picks and move up into the 3rd? I am not sure what we have in the 4-6th rds. I don't think we are going to need alot of picks next year, IMHO with what we have now combined with some good picks, we will be in good shape next year.

I don't think we will get the Mcknown pick. He has to be on the active roster for a number of games and that will not happen now. The JJJ pick will only come if he comes back later in the season ala Cesario did for us last year.

We have two from our 1,2, &3, whichever we don't give N.O., our 5 and Tampa Bay's 7. We will likely get four compensatory picks but given that history they will all be on the second day and are not tradable.

I think he just had to be on the roster and if he's on IR we do get the pick. I've heard from 3 different places, including the announcers of a game that was on here in MO.

I thought the condition was he had to be still with the team after 6 games...IR if he's not injury released would be all season.

Well I do Chambers...we either get another pick or we don't.
Put it this way w/o a 7th rd pick we wouldn't have gotten Sage and then would have went into the season with Kustok on this roster.

Do you care about your team at all?

UFAs signed offset UFAs lost among other factors......players released and signed by another team do not count in the comp formula.....only 32 picks TOTAL awarded, thus 2 7ths may be comnbined into a 6th, etc......many variables

You will NOT get 4 comp picks :rolleyes:

You'd ya lose? DE Mixon and DL Bromell...but you signed DT Chester...who else?

We signed Chester, we lost Bromell, Mixon, Walker, Cousins, Smith, Folau & Turk. Thus we signed one and lost seven. We are down a net 6 but the league limits comp picks to no more than four per team. I doubt any of them will be on the first day but perhaps a 5, a 6 and 2 7's. Given what we have traded any four picks will be helpful

Dolphins | No Pick Coming - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
0:36 PT: Updating an earlier story, the Sun Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins will no longer receive a 2003 seventh-round pick from the San Francisco 49ers for QB Cade McNown since he is going on IR.

This sucks!! Cade could make the team next year and we get nothing. I know it was just a 7th, but still , there was a chance to package it with other picks/player to move up in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom