Cadillac Williams and Cedric Benson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cadillac Williams and Cedric Benson

NorthFloridaFin said:
I also believe Benson is the best back in the draft. His numbers don't lie. I honestly believe that if he hadn't went to Texas and would have had the same numbers somewhere else, these people who are so big on Ronnie Brown would be all over Cedric Benson to be in a Dolphin Uniform.

I'm a Brown fan but I don't doubt that Benson is probably the best pure runner of the crop, however I believe Ronnie will be a better back in the NFL. All intangible aspects in consideration, he's just much more of an appealing feature back.

Brown has strength over Benson. Brown has speed over Benson. Brown is a better receiver out of the backfield. Brown has had less off-field problems than Benson. I'm not saying Cedric isn't going to be a good -- even great -- NFL Running Back. I thing in the right system e.g. Chicago, he can be utilized the most, but I think Ronnie is a better back for us.

I downloaded a six minute highlight reel of Benson (with western music in the background ), and it shows a variety of power and speed (actually much more speed than power). The guys plenty fast, and plenty talented.

Yea, but it's not only his speed and power, it's his ability to elude (sp?) defenders and gain yards after first contact that really impresses me. Look at his running, the 1st defender to touch him is often not the defender to bring him down.

OK, here is Ronnie Brown's highlight video (complete with the world's most annoying "music", 2 fumbles, and a bobbled pass from the "man with the amazing hands"): http://www.members.aol.com/aubie19/ronnie.wmvwatch that, then download the Benson one from the YouSendIt link I posted (if it doesn't work let me know and I'll re-post, YouSendIt only hosts it for 7 days or 25 DLs, whichever comes first) and tell me which back you'd rather have.

I'm sorry, but watching Ronnie's "highlight" video made me actually like him LESS. That is supposed to be a highlight reel yet out of the whole thing I think there were THREE, maybe FOUR standout plays, one being a pass he BOBBLED (great hands huh?) but recovered and the rest being a pretty cool juke or plow over, but there wasn't any string of outstanding things on one play such as a few jukes or a few plow through combos, and the majority of the video is just your run of the mill average running back play, nothing eye catching, and that was supposed to be a compilation of his BEST PLAYS, that doesn't ge me hyped to drop a #2 pick on him. To be honest I didn't care too much for him to begin with. I saw a few games and thought he was good, but not GREAT like he's touted to be. Then I think all the hype surrounding him got to me and I started to not mind the fact that he may be on our team, even welcomed it if we weren't going to take Cedric, but after watching that video I digress, that video shows me NOTHING to say that he is a #2 pick.

i liked that benson video, one i haven't seen before... i love watching him run, my favorite aspect to his game is how quick he goes from east-west to north-south... he'll be running to the outside and once he sees a hole BAM hes upfield in a hurry... love that... hes also a guy who will not go down without a fight, one of tohse guys thats the difference on a busted play from 2nd and 12 to 2nd and 8 which is HUGE, he just doesn't lose yards very often yet he gets hit in the backfield more than youd think...

ive been on the benson bandwagon for a minute and think he'll be an excellent pro and rookie... i see one of them texas boys winning ROY next year him or DJ...

arsenal said:
i liked that benson video, one i haven't seen before... i love watching him run, my favorite aspect to his game is how quick he goes from east-west to north-south... he'll be running to the outside and once he sees a hole BAM hes upfield in a hurry... love that... hes also a guy who will not go down without a fight, one of tohse guys thats the difference on a busted play from 2nd and 12 to 2nd and 8 which is HUGE, he just doesn't lose yards very often yet he gets hit in the backfield more than youd think...

ive been on the benson bandwagon for a minute and think he'll be an excellent pro and rookie... i see one of them texas boys winning ROY next year him or DJ...

That one play where he makes that catch and instantly spins off the would-be tackler then gains an axtra few yards before it takes 3 guys to tackle him (the downloadable video) is just AWESOME

Back
Top Bottom