"Caging The Wildcat" - Brian Billick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Caging The Wildcat" - Brian Billick

Everyone has a fight plan before they get hit in the mouth.

[Michael Jackson/Mike Tyson] Everybody got a plan until they get hit in the mouf. [/Michael Jackson/Mike Tyson] :lol:

If I had a dollar for every time I used that when I was in the Army, I'd be at least a couple of hundred dollars richer.

Wow. Billick breaking down film is a great thing to watch.

What a horrible opinion of what the wildcat is all about. If that was all it was too it my HS coach could stop it. The number one aspect of the wildcat is the unbalanced line and that wasn't even mentioned, you could tell he put all of about 30 seconds of time into that clip. Wow horrible just horrible. Nice find though.

That was interesting but I'm still not sure I understand why the formation presents challenges. From what I saw, he said you have to account for the wideouts (including the QB), which seems pretty obvious. Then you use 8 up front to attack the run options, with everyone staying in their gaps.

How is this different from any other situation? I suppose as a defense, you can be more comfortable with one-on-one coverage downfield, if it's going to be a RB instead of a QB potentially throwing the pass. True, we had Chad throw once, but I don't think you can count on two exchanges ending with the ball in his hands and time to throw too often.

To me, his basic message for the defense was to stack the line and attack it, rather than waiting to see what's happening. Anyone have a different impression?

Realistically first he'd be better served addressing how to stop Greg Camarillo long, since that's probably the last straw that got him fired.

Seemed like it was more of a "defenses have adjusted to it now that everyone's using it and look how good baltimore is against it" clip than anything else...

Its kind of funny...as he talks, he sounds like its very stoppable...as they continue to show how successful it is even for other teams like KC.

I think we did not have effort for that game vs Baltimore from the coaches on down. They did not throw anything at Baltimore. Then the next week we kill Buffalo. Baltimore was the only team to beat us vs the wildcat because we were behind in the second half and I believe we scrapped it for the pass game. duh.

So Billick thinks he can stop it but really, no one is on a consistant basis. And we run it now out of the wishbone which gives many options with multiple RB's.

Yeah, well if Billick was worth a crap at coming up with gameplans to beat other teams, he'd probably still be employed as a coach.

Yeah, well if Billick was worth a crap at coming up with gameplans to beat other teams, he'd probably still be employed as a coach.

LOL, are you serious? That guy was one of the best OC's in the NFL and won a superbowl as a HC.

Back
Top Bottom