"Caging The Wildcat" - Brian Billick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Caging The Wildcat" - Brian Billick

Not specifically in regards to what Billick had to say, but all over the mainstream media, I hear "experts" say the key to stopping the Wildcat is to get penetration at the line. I was just wondering, which formation is penetration NOT the key to stopping?

People keep talking about how you stop the Wildcat. To me, the Wildcat isn't a "gimmick" formation. It's a normal formation with a ton of facets, it just has been dormant in the NFL for years. It's almost like asking "how does one stop the I-formation?"

Just because it's new to the modern NFL doesn't mean there's some secret to stopping it.

Billick's Coach Speak segments on the AFC & NFC Playbook shows on NFL Network are great. I think he is probably a good teacher in general because he speaks clearly and seems to know how to break things down in a simple manner. He had a great segment breaking down exactly how those playsheets coaches carry during the games are organized and layed out.

I always find him to be very informative, even though I disliked him when he was a coach.

He was never an OC.......He was a DC and yes he was regarded as a genius.

He's right he was a OC. He got his "genius" mantle calling deep balls for Randall Cunningham to two of the best damn receivers in the game (Moss & Carter). And yes he did manage to win a SB, and not to take anything away from that, but he did it with an inherited defense (one of the best ever BTW) that carried his pathetic offense all the way there.

If Billick is so smart, he would still be employed by an NFL team. The offenses that he was supposed to be some wizard at crafting were garbage.

He's right he was a OC. He got his "genius" mantle calling deep balls for Randall Cunningham to two of the best damn receivers in the game (Moss & Carter). And yes he did manage to win a SB, and not to take anything away from that, but he did it with an inherited defense (one of the best ever BTW) that carried his pathetic offense all the way there.

If Billick is so smart, he would still be employed by an NFL team. The offenses that he was supposed to be some wizard at crafting were garbage.

The guy won a superbowl. And yes, we are right, he was an OC, why someone thinks he coached D, I don't know. Rickyfan, you need to learn about the NFL dude.

But to act like that guy isn't a great coach is ridiculous. He could get a job in 2 seconds, but he is taking time off. Pretty common knowledge. I would never rip a guy who built a team that won a super bowl with Trent Dilfer.

i love how he said, "show it enough and people will adapt, like they have!"
lol.. that is funny! Last i seen was in the past few games we have tallied more than 100 plus on wildcat plays.. lets see how the patriots contain it... lol

Back
Top Bottom