Cal question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cal question

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is the system that Rogers plays in the same as the one the produced Cade Mcknown?
I ask because I fear Lienhart is a system qb like Palmer. Both put up huge numbers in the Carroll system. A system that just seems to crank no matter who is in.
Is the situation in Cal similar, or is Rogers a stud who climed from some small school to a killer NFL qb?
I am wavering between Rogers and Smith, and hoping its a non issue when Feeley plays well. I would hate to pass on a rare (hopefully) opportunity to grab a franchise qb if we need one.

Bowl_Bound said:
Is the system that Rogers plays in the same as the one the produced Cade Mcknown?
I ask because I fear Lienhart is a system qb like Palmer. Both put up huge numbers in the Carroll system. A system that just seems to crank no matter who is in.
Is the situation in Cal similar, or is Rogers a stud who climed from some small school to a killer NFL qb?
I am wavering between Rogers and Smith, and hoping its a non issue when Feeley plays well. I would hate to pass on a rare (hopefully) opportunity to grab a franchise qb if we need one.
I've watched a few Cal games and I don't see the correlation between McNown and Rodgers.

Rodgers has a big arm and is extremely accurate, even on long balls.

He is more than mobile enough and has prototype height.

McCown to me was a college overachiever with a weak arm, even at draft time a lot of people doubted him but some overlooked it and thought his overachieving would follow him into the NFL, obviously they were wrong.

Bowl_Bound said:
McKnown played at UCLA and I don't think Tedford was there so I don't think it was the same system. But from what I have seen in Rodgers, he is the real deal with tremendous potential and I'd take him over Leinhart any day. Haven't seen much of Smith though.

Back
Top Bottom