Calm down article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calm down article

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
I couldn't DISAGREE more. I thought this article was ridiculous and hardly worthy of the front page. Our defense gave up 48 points! How is that the fault of the OC?? It was definately a team loss, nobody really shined and mistakes were made by all and Trent Green was on fire. Norv didn't call the game of his life but to blame him is absurd!

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I couldn't DISAGREE more. I thought this article was ridiculous and hardly worthy of the front page. Our defense gave up 48 points! How is that the fault of the OC?? It was definately a team loss, nobody really shined and mistakes were made by all and Trent Green was on fire. Norv didn't call the game of his life but to blame him is absurd!
everybody other than ST lost it, but this put it best
It was a symbiotic relationship of the worst kind: Miami's leaky defense compromised its offense early, and its panicking offense did in its defense late.

from http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/4179507.htm

Why we lost:

Couldn't stop Trent Green
Turnovers and penalties
In more detail, no pass rush, poor coverage (Fletch and company), horrible tackling (Freeman, what was that?), costly penalties by the goal line and of course 5 TURNOVERS!!

But oh yea, it was NORV's fault? Damn dude, nothing personal, I guess you were just looking for a unique angle, but you are WAY off!!

I enjoyed the article...and I somewhat agree....but If our defense would have held up thier end of the bargain we would have came out winners....the truth is they attacked something we were supposed be very strong at....our secondary...if we would have braced up...we wouldn't be blaming it on Norv.

Uggggh! Blaming Norv is insane. He should have stayed with the run a bit longer, BUT our passing attack was successful. We just shot ourselves in the foot in the end.

On the bright side, we stopped the run which is what I am most worried about on our defense. Our secondary will be fine, we can shut down WRs and luckily there is only one Gonzo. Plus, Green was amazing, you can't defend the perfect pass.

Right now I don't care. The game is over, and we lost. We have bigger and better fish to fry(New England this week). Let's not mourn on this stupid game anymore.

Thank you guys for the input. Positive or Negative, it's awesome because I can see what people have to say about our articles.

Now, to defend my side.

Obviosly it wasn't Norv's fault completly but i feel that by giving up the run so early, it led to everything else. By not running, all we did was pass which in this system is set up by the run. Thus allowing 4 interceptions which led to many points. Obviously our defense didn't do the best job but they gave up 20+ because of turnovers which was because Turner didn't run, and just passed.

I agree with Chambers, we need to forget this game, because we didn't lose that much, the Patriots lost. Let's focuse on them.

We'll be fine

I see your point Migs, and it's a good one. Just thought you took it to an extreme. Anyway, nothing personal and by and large I think your articles are good.

Now, on to the Pats!

I think this presents a favorable match up for us. They will have a hard time stopping Williams and I think our passing will stick the dagger in. I am concerned about their short passing game but last I checked they dont have Gonzo so we should be fine.

I'll give everyone a sneak peak to the Patriots game.

I think we are going to win this game. Not because I', 35-2 in predicting Dolphins games :D But because of a couple of things. They have had trouble stopping the run, so we are going to give them a big dose of Williams. It should be his best game of the year up to now. I think we needed this loss, because it woke us up. If Surtain, and Taylor play next week, we will be fine. hopefully Spriggs can handle the job. I happen to like the idea of Mcknight returning kicks. He is one of the fastest players we have, and I know he's droped the ball a couple times, but with his speed, we could do some damage. I also like Yeast, but if the Dolphins already have Mcknight, they should put his million dollar salary to use. And LeftCoastPhin, you mentioned about the short pass, and to our good news, the Patriots starting TE Daniel Graham is questionable for Sundays game. their other TE suck to put it in a nice way, so the Patriots might be without a weapon that would do us much damage. Again, LeftCoastPhin, thanks for your input, and I'll do my best to continue writting articles that will inform, and entertain the you guys.

Sorry for the confusion

Sorry guys, my little brother copied what I was going to say and made it look like he said it. He just became a member to the boards and I guess he's puling a prank on me. Just wanted u guys to know, that I wrote that but he posted it as himself
:fire: I'm going to get that kid!

Re: Sorry for the confusion

Originally posted by Migs182005
Sorry guys, my little brother copied what I was going to say and made it look like he said it. He just became a member to the boards and I guess he's puling a prank on me. Just wanted u guys to know, that I wrote that but he posted it as himself
:fire: I'm going to get that kid!

:lol: :lol: ....damn kids! :D

tell me about it.

Hey, he's sleeping :sleep: now. :evil: hehehe

Back
Top Bottom