Cam (Reverting Back To) Being Cam? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam (Reverting Back To) Being Cam?

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Taking responsibility for the Ravens O skidding to a stop but promising a change

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/10/16/sports/4_ravens_notebook.txt
(excerpt)
During the Ravens’ two consecutive losses, the offense has skidded to a halt with an average of just 10.5 points and 310 yards per contest after racking up 34.3 points and 430.3 yards of total offense to open the season with three victories.

So, Cameron came prepared for the second-guessing that traditionally goes with that kind of dramatic negative trend.

"There are going to be game situations where if things don’t work out, you can always look back because we all know how it works," Cameron said. "Anything you didn’t do would have worked, but we all know that’s not true either. But that’s what makes this game so great. That’s why I love being a play-caller. I love being in the situation that I’m in because everybody wants to be a play-caller and everybody has the call that you need to have made, and I’m no different.

“I’m just fortunate to have been doing this since I was 15 years old, and I’ve experienced all these things after you get beat, what you didn’t do, you should’ve done. You’ve got to look and say, ‘Whatever the circumstances and the plays that were called, could we have executed at a higher level to help us win that game?’ The players here are saying, ‘Absolutely.’ And the coaches are sitting there saying, ‘We could’ve given them some better opportunities.’ And that’s why we’ll eventually pull out of this thing."

Beyond the general unrest that goes with the Ravens’ offensive swoon, it’s still hard to comprehend that veteran wide receiver Derrick Mason didn’t catch a pass during a 17-14 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

And Mason only had one pass thrown in his direction.

What happened?

One day after Mason said it was his fault, Cameron shouldered the blame.

“It falls squarely right here,” Cameron said. “It’s unacceptable for that to happen. It’s my responsibility, period. And we’ll do everything we can, and I guarantee it’s not going to happen again.

Back
Top Bottom