Camp tomorrow for me I guess | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp tomorrow for me I guess

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I headed up the Fla. Turnpike this morning, on my way to camp, only to see the signs on the Turnpike saying ACCIDENT AHEAD! Traffic was backed up 30 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way I coulda made it on time, so I'll try again tomorrow.......

Good God. 30 miles?!?! Whoa.

Ugh. I hate traffic. But at least you got a warning. None of the 5 major expressways here have elctroninc signs like that. :(

I'd have gotten off that turnpike and taken the low roads.

Originally posted by fins1
QUITTER

:D

Ozzy lives in th Florida keys and I don't blame him for turning around.It probably takes him a good 3 hours to get to Davie plus all those tolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MarinoFan
I'd have gotten off that turnpike and taken the low roads.

Taking the low roads might have landed you there just on time to get some merchandise from the pro shop, right before they close.

:D

Originally posted by Muck
Good God. 30 miles?!?! Whoa.

Ugh. I hate traffic. But at least you got a warning. None of the 5 major expressways here have elctroninc signs like that. :(

Yes sir, I was very happy to see that the sign was working. It said ACCIDENT 22 miles north of the Okeechobee toll plaza, and it gives you an AM radio station to tune in. Which I did, traffic was moving at a very slow pace all the way up.

Heck it took me twenty minutes just to get turned around and head back once I got caught up in the backend of it.

Originally posted by minus

Ozzy lives in th Florida keys and I don't blame him for turning around.It probably takes him a good 3 hours to get to Davie plus all those tolls.

I wish I did live in the Keys, but your close, I live north of the 18 mile stretch in a town called Cutler Ridge. Turned half famous after Hurricane Andrew blew thru it. 54 miles south of the Dolphins Training Site. It takes me about 45 minutes to get there, and yes the tolls are numerous.

The thing is that I leave with just a little more time than I need to get there on time. Today was not happening trust me on that.

Ozzy, don't blame you one bit I'd have done the same thing. I'm going to try to get there tomorrow because I missed today. I'll be top row 50 yard line. Hope to see alot of Finheaven representation. This season is going to ROCK!!!

I spent some time in Isla Morada, bu had to leave because the partying was too intense.

Hey Dr. Love, I just noticed your in Spokane...that's where I am from originally. Yea, now I live in the seventh circle of HELL, as it seems like I am going to endure a very long, very intense summer.

It is May 27th, and the current temperature is 115 degrees.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

man I hate summer....

Cutler Ridge = Southridge High School. Man those boys were bad when I was in school. #1 in the nation. Sedrick Irvin was there. So were the Davis Brothers.

Dude, I'll be at training camp next week for QB School III. Probably Tuesday.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Hey Dr. Love, I just noticed your in Spokane...that's where I am from originally. Yea, now I live in the seventh circle of HELL, as it seems like I am going to endure a very long, very intense summer.

It is May 27th, and the current temperature is 115 degrees.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

man I hate summer....

115? Please send some heat up here to New York, it has been 60 every day :(

Back
Top Bottom