Can Brian Flores Buck The Trend Of The Belichick Coaching Tree? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Brian Flores Buck The Trend Of The Belichick Coaching Tree?

Most of us don't know too much about him, but I think it speaks volumes that the guys who do, seem to really like him as a HC candidate. It seems like Dolphins fans (self included) are doing most if not all of the bashing. He's gotten a lot of props from people around the league.

Whether it’s the Belicheck or Carroll coaching tree, I’m just hoping they find themselves and become their own HC and start their own coaching tree.

There doesn't seem much out there to suggest either way, not much of a body of work or identifiable ideology that can be attributed solely to him that he can be judged on. He's been around a winning team for a long time and seems like a nice guy. Is that enough? Who knows. The Pats defense didn't exactly perform well is his lone season calling plays, the Pats themselves chose to go without a named DC rather than formally promote him and he seems like a pretty uninspiring speaker. How much will that hinder him? Who knows.

Most of us don't know too much about him, but I think it speaks volumes that the guys who do, seem to really like him as a HC candidate. It seems like Dolphins fans (self included) are doing most if not all of the bashing. He's gotten a lot of props from people around the league.

Gase was talked about as being a genius around the league when we hired him. Talk is cheap

Dolphins a hired a guy a few years back who had a good reputation around the league. How did that work out?

I hope so... but his record is not worthy of this promotion from Linebacker coach to head coach at 37... not enough experience... not enough record in charge.

This is so post Shula Dolphins... it’s getting old.

We hired Dave Wanstedt after he ran the Bears into the ground...it took him a couple of years but he took the playoff team Jimmy left him and ran it into the ground.

We’re going on 20 years of ineptitude...bad decisions...even when they decide to start over and do it differently... they keep Grier as a holdover from the failure who promptly exercises nepotism and hires a friend who isn’t ready.

Disturbing overall trend, but really means nothing when it comes right down to it.

I'm not old enough to know about the Shula Dolphins but wasn't he very young with not much experience when he took over the Dolphins?

I'm not old enough to know about the Shula Dolphins but wasn't he very young with not much experience when he took over the Dolphins?

He was young, but was the HC of the Colts who lost to the Jets in the Super Bowl.

Sean McVay is like 12.

He was OC for two or three seasons in Washington.

He's doing ok.

My favorite part is that he is not coming in here as one of BB's "genius" coordinators. This guy is coming in here as a hardworker and will most likely delegate the offense and defense to more experienced coordinators.

Which means he shouldnt be headstrong to think he can do it all by himself, and makes it less important that he wasnt a coordinator.

This tree really started with Parcells. So I’m going to include Sean Payton with Belicheck.

So goes the old saying. Sometimes itsi not what you know, but rather who you know. Enough said! I'm 54 been a fin fan since 5th grade. The last 10 years has taken a toll on me and my beloved find are gonna give me a hewrt attack. Might have to jump ship to save my life

Well hes been with Belichek since 2004. He has coached offense and defense, he has called plays and he has scouted. I think he stands separate from most of that tree cuz how many other guys have that much versatile experience. I'm not saying he's gonna be good but give him a chance. Many of you have called him a failure before hes even had a day on the job

Back
Top Bottom