"Can David Garrard recreate Chad Pennington's magical Dolphins season?" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Can David Garrard recreate Chad Pennington's magical Dolphins season?"

Winning the Superbowl is all that matters. You don't give a team a "slight" edge because of it, you give a team the entire edge because of it. If SuperBowls didn't matter, the 2007 Patriots team would be the greatest of all time. They beat the Giants 9 times out of 10 IMO but that isn't what happened. What makes this sport great is that on any day, any team can win. And that's what makes the playoffs so much fun. Were the Giants even the 3rd or 4th best team last year? Honestly, I doubt it. The 49ers had some SERIOUS bad luck, the Ravens were absolutely robbed of their SB shot and the Patriots proved again and again that if you've got Brady, you've got a chance.

But all that doesn't matter. You need to capture lightning in a bottle, and the Giants have done that, TWICE, in 5 years. No more excuses, the Giants are elite while the Jets are a footnote, just like the Dolphins. You're quick to give the Jets credit for improbable runs (both of their AFC Championship runs) yet quick to discredit the Giants for theirs. Why? Is it because the Giants had theirs run a little bit longer, enough to make history? I think so.

That isn't attacking you. Calling you names is attacking you.

This is what I mean. I have always said that the Giants are now an elite team b/c of their '11 SB win. I dare you to prove me otherwise.

You contradict yourself so often it's dizzying.

Winning the Superbowl is all that matters. You don't give a team a "slight" edge because of it, you give a team the entire edge because of it. If SuperBowls didn't matter, the 2007 Patriots team would be the greatest of all time. They beat the Giants 9 times out of 10 IMO but that isn't what happened. What makes this sport great is that on any day, any team can win. And that's what makes the playoffs so much fun. Were the Giants even the 3rd or 4th best team last year? Honestly, I doubt it. The 49ers had some SERIOUS bad luck, the Ravens were absolutely robbed of their SB shot and the Patriots proved again and again that if you've got Brady, you've got a chance.

But all that doesn't matter. You need to capture lightning in a bottle, and the Giants have done that, TWICE, in 5 years. No more excuses, the Giants are elite while the Jets are a footnote, just like the Dolphins. You're quick to give the Jets credit for improbable runs (both of their AFC Championship runs) yet quick to discredit the Giants for theirs. Why? Is it because the Giants had theirs run a little bit longer, enough to make history? I think so.

when did I discredit the Giants wins?

Show the proof

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Doesn't matter. The Giants have been a more successful franchise whereas the Jets never have been. It makes no difference how you feel.

Even though I am not a fan of the Giants, I think they are currently an elite team. They just won the Superbowl against the Pats, and they knocked off the undefeated Belicheats a couple of years ago. They have consistently beaten a Pats team in the biggest game that is widely considered a dynasty by the general public and media.
IMHO, that qualifies them as elite
I really enjoyed the Giants last two super bowls. They denied the pompous jack arse Kraft family, Bellichick, and Brady another 2 rings. That win against the 18-0 pats started their downward spiral. They have not won anything since. Hopefully the rest of the AFC east has improved enough to hammer a stake in them.

nyjunct...for you to call out someone for contradicting themselves...LOL :sidelol: The webs you weave look like the mother of all back lash on a fishing reel. The jets...lucky losers.

nyjunct...for you to call out someone for contradicting themselves...LOL :sidelol: The webs you weave look like the mother of all back lash on a fishing reel. The jets...lucky losers.

I never contradicted myself anyway so that might make you laugh a bit more

When you gave them only a "slight edge" over the Jets due to the Superbowl win. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore, I've noticed that seems to be a trend with you. Stop being dense.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

I really enjoyed the Giants last two super bowls. They denied the pompous jack arse Kraft family, Bellichick, and Brady another 2 rings. That win against the 18-0 pats started their downward spiral. They have not won anything since.

Except for the AFC East every single year since then and the AFC Championship last year so... that's an interesting way to use the phrase "downward spiral"

When you gave them only a "slight edge" over the Jets due to the Superbowl win. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore, I've noticed that seems to be a trend with you. Stop being dense.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Except for the AFC East every single year since then and the AFC Championship last year so... that's an interesting way to use the phrase "downward spiral"

Where did I give them a slight edge? please post links.

Well...maybe I was reaching there with the downward spiral comment. They were in the last Super Bowl. However, I truly believe that the Brady led Patriots will never win another Super Bowl. Just my silly hopeful opinion.

Well...maybe I was reaching there with the downward spiral comment. They were in the last Super Bowl. However, I truly believe that the Brady led Patriots will never win another Super Bowl. Just my silly hopeful opinion.

That's something we can agree on, hopefully it comes true.

I think minus all the injuries I tink Chad Pennington was one of the ebst qb's in the NFL.

Perfect, i have to agree with you. Put Pennington into a sound body that's never had an arm injury and you have one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. He didn't have a great deep ball, but he proved to me time and again he didn't need it. His leadership, football skill and knowledge were top notch. Before he came to Miami I didn't know that much about him. Having gotten to know him better over the past few years, I now I see it as a crying shame that the man had such bad luck with his injuries. I've never been more inspired by the play of a single professional football player as I was with Chadd Pennington.

Not so much recreate but I do believe the situation Garrard affords the FINS is almost destine.. Imagine he comes out the gates hot like fire goes down midseason with the FINS still in post season contention.. enter the ever feisty and capable Matt Moore to save the season only to look well Matt Moore'ish' and starts to falter down the stretch because of guess who breathing down his neck from great practice showings.. Ryan Tannehill! Enter the rook to finish the season with a red hot streaking team behind him and the FINS sneak thru the backdoor to the playoffs.. and a STAR is born! Now THATSwow

so

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

whats up!

wow who woulda thought the scenario woulda played itself out all in the PRESEASON.. hahaha.. lets GO Tannehill!

Back
Top Bottom