Can Miami Be Onto Something??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Be Onto Something???

Something to think about, Gase as we all know was looking at RB’s at draft time as well as in F/A. The rumors were that Elliott was their top target 2 years ago, until Dallas drafted him ahead of Miami. After the Ajayi debacle and subsequent trade, you can bet he’ll be looking for another one or perhaps even 2, since Williams is a F/A again after this season. One guy not many talk about, is the kid from Oregon, Royce Freeman. He seems like an Adam Gase type back. I believe Miami’s RT will either be Jesse Davis or Eric Smith come 2018. With the loser moved to RG. As for Anthony, it sure does seem like they are grooming him for a much bigger role. He’s done ok in his extended time on the field. He’s good with things in front of him and covers ground sideline to sideline, good enough for base. It’s his coverage skills, which aren’t great, that get him in trouble. Another name to watch is Malik Jefferson, especially at Miami’s current draft slot. Jefferson is apparently the best coverage OLB in the upcoming draft. But with him it is worrisome that he still has a tendency to over pursue and miss making plays. But make no mistake Jefferson is everything Miami needs at LB. I’ve been very intrigued by Malveaux since training camp. If he can continue to produce quality play like he did this past Sunday, Miami may have found something long term? He certainly has the size and strength to play in the nfl for a long time. I’d try to re-sign both Fede and William Hayes. Fede has finally shown his worth. He’s a stud special teamer with the ability to cover both KO and Punts. And has 2 blocked punts in his short career. But on Sunday, it looked like he finally gets it as he played well, with great effort.

all signs point to Anthony raekwon kiko 2018 starting lbs

anthony being the wild card

the current replace list is matt moore, jay cutler, jermon bushrod, andre branch

branch being the likely return eye sore due to contract

Last edited:
all signs point to Anthony raekwon kiko 2018 starting lbs

anthony being the wild card

the current replace list is matt moore, jay cutler, jermon bushrod, andre branch

branch being the likely return eye sore
Branch is here for at least one more year. His contract is very cuttable after 2018 ends.

Charles harris better step up next year too...that curve may speed up on him in 2018

that lack of top speed shows up a lot in pursuit and it's not good...looks good in a 10 yard box quickness and speed wise looks slow at the 2nd level in pursuit...awareness better be his offset

I pray to God that we get Rashaad Penny. MWC Offensive POY, and 3 time MWC Special Teams POY... kid is a stud!

San Diego State hosting Stanford was easily my favorite game of the college football season. Penny and Love on the same field, and both of them having great games. Plus it was basic set offenses on both sides, and not the spread garbage that lessens college football.

I'm surprised Penny is so far down on some running back lists.

Charles harris better step up next year too...that curve may speed up on him in 2018

that lack of top speed shows up a lot in pursuit and it's not good...looks good in a 10 yard box quickness and speed wise looks slow at the 2nd level in pursuit...awareness better be his offset
I remember Bill Polian talking about Harris before the draft and he said "normally those guys that run a 4.8 don't turn out well at the next level"....at least it was something close to that and I'm seeing some of that. Several times this year when he's close but doesn't get there on time so maybe Polian was on to something. It'd be a big setback if Harris can't turn into a top player for us. I'm hoping he'll develop but right now I'm not holding my breath

Ozzy rules!!

Is Drake for real? Can Drake become our feature back in '18? Can Darke, who has had injury concerns coming out of college stay healthy through a entire season? Can Drake handle 200+ carries in '18. (boy, I do like his explosiveness, nice when Drake gets into the open and you know they aren't going to catch him)!

Is there a starting spot for Stephone Anthony in the LBer unit in "18? After all, he is our best cover LBer by far already. Does that relegate Kiko (really struggled this season, imo) to a back-up role. Anthony's best position is the "Will" LBer. Can't imagine Kiko being kicked inside next season, as that spot should be occupied by McMillan. Not to mention the Chase Allen, where does he fit in, because he has really played well for a rookie. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone one of them are "Sam" LBer material. Possible trade one of them, and not McMillan or Allen. Maybe Anthony can play "Sam", how nice would that be?

Is Jesse Davis our Right tackle in '18. If so, Miami can save 9.3 million for next season (nice chunk of change for a stud guard and or center). Davis is plenty big enough. Hope that Bushrod plays the remaining 4 games to allow Davis to play RT and give Miami a better evaluation to end the season.

Cameron Malveaux? Who is he, can he remain? He did get 1 less snap than Wake and held his own vs the Broncos in his first NFL appearance. He did have a relative decent career at Houston. He has the size for sure.

Should these scenarios be the case, we could check off RB, RT, Weak Side LBer (not that "Will" was a position of need, but an upgrade is always nice).

These next 4 games could provide not only some insight for the '18 season, but possibly even a glimmer of hope.
Since we are talking about '18, I really hope Asiata improves himself to come in here and win a starting job.

I remember Bill Polian talking about Harris before the draft and he said "normally those guys that run a 4.8 don't turn out well at the next level"....at least it was something close to that and I'm seeing some of that. Several times this year when he's close but doesn't get there on time so maybe Polian was on to something. It'd be a big setback if Harris can't turn into a top player for us. I'm hoping he'll develop but right now I'm not holding my breath

Ozzy rules!!
If I remember correctly, Gill Brandt said something along the lines of, “A DE needs to run a 4.7 or better, to be a legitimate DE candidate.” Harris if I’m not mistaken ran just above a 4.7? He was talking about the possibility of Dallas drafting a DE in 2017 and debated the prospects who could interest Dallas. So there is something to what Polian said.

WTF are we talking about DE’s? I’m completely sold on Drake but not as a featured back and I don’t want a featured back. Now get a power back that can catch and I’ll be a happy camper. I’m thinking a Keith Byars type.

If I remember correctly, Gill Brandt said something along the lines of, “A DE needs to run a 4.7 or better, to be a legitimate DE candidate.” Harris if I’m not mistaken ran just above a 4.7? He was talking about the possibility of Dallas drafting a DE in 2017 and debated the prospects who could interest Dallas. So there is something to what Polian said.

He ran a 4.82 at the combine and didn't run(red flag) the 40 at his pro day

40 times are completely useless when talking DEs. how often does a DE run more then 10 yards honestly? plus J.J. Watt ran a 4.84 so.... look at vertical and 3 cone drills. those are the key drills

Something to think about, Gase as we all know was looking at RB’s at draft time as well as in F/A. The rumors were that Elliott was their top target 2 years ago, until Dallas drafted him ahead of Miami. After the Ajayi debacle and subsequent trade, you can bet he’ll be looking for another one or perhaps even 2, since Williams is a F/A again after this season. One guy not many talk about, is the kid from Oregon, Royce Freeman. He seems like an Adam Gase type back. I believe Miami’s RT will either be Jesse Davis or Eric Smith come 2018. With the loser moved to RG. As for Anthony, it sure does seem like they are grooming him for a much bigger role. He’s done ok in his extended time on the field. He’s good with things in front of him and covers ground sideline to sideline, good enough for base. It’s his coverage skills, which aren’t great, that get him in trouble. Another name to watch is Malik Jefferson, especially at Miami’s current draft slot. Jefferson is apparently the best coverage OLB in the upcoming draft. But with him it is worrisome that he still has a tendency to over pursue and miss making plays. But make no mistake Jefferson is everything Miami needs at LB. I’ve been very intrigued by Malveaux since training camp. If he can continue to produce quality play like he did this past Sunday, Miami may have found something long term? He certainly has the size and strength to play in the nfl for a long time. I’d try to re-sign both Fede and William Hayes. Fede has finally shown his worth. He’s a stud special teamer with the ability to cover both KO and Punts. And has 2 blocked punts in his short career. But on Sunday, it looked like he finally gets it as he played well, with great effort.

For LB I like Roquan Smith a lot better his instincts are phenomenal he can do it all.

Drake will make a great #2 and Gase already said that he doesn't really like any one back carrying the whole load. Davis will be a starter at either guard or tackle in 2018 imo
Anthony could be a starter too. It'd be great if those 3 guys can be better next year but even better would be if Harris can play like a first rounder in 2018

Ozzy rules!!
Harris needs to develop and quickly.

Back
Top Bottom