Can "Pep" be ready for September? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can "Pep" be ready for September?

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
IMO this is only a good trade if Culpepper is ready to go by day 1. If he's not, we will be wasting games. However the good news is we have seen the last of Gus Freortte and will probably bring in another QB like Josh McCown.

The main topic here though is when will Daunte be ready? Reading this article it seems like Daunte thinks he will be. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368259

Vikings coach Brad Childress said recently Culpepper is on schedule in his rehab from surgery in which he tore three knee ligaments after having a trainer fly to Florida to meet with Culpepper. The recovery time from such major surgery is 12 months, but Culpepper has told the Dolphins that he's ahead of schedule and may be able to play before September.

Wow, that would be great if he was able to play in preseason and on opening day. Does anyone else have any info at all on this? Anything would be appreciated. :dolphins:

Noone on this site knows the answers to any of the questions people keep asking! including the guy who posted above me and the guy who will post below me....and me!

LtDan said:
Noone on this site knows the answers to any of the questions people keep asking! including the guy who posted above me and the guy who will post below me....and me!

Well I have been gone for the past 4 hours and was wondering if anyone had seen anything else on T.V or found any links with information. I don't see why I can't ask for those on a FAN FORUM.

I may not know the answer, but I do know this, I dont think that Saban would have released Gus unless he was pretty sure Culpepper is going to be starting the season. Just my assumption though.

John Clayton, Chris Mortenson and Adam Schefter have all said they strongly expect Daunte to be ready for the season.

DolphinDevil28 said:
John Clayton, Chris Mortenson and Adam Schefter have all said they strongly expect Daunte to be ready for the season.

Wow, that's good news. Just imagine him rolling out on that field opening day with Chambers, McMike, an older Ronnie. Man, it gives me shivers!

He might be able to play when the season opener is here, but I'm not too sure if Saban will let him start. I think that Culpepper will be in there starting by week 4.

so who starts if pepper isn't ready to go?

He won't be ready by camp, he probably won't be ready by Week 1. As fans, we really have to expect Daunte's first season to be a complete abberation compared to later year's he's going to have with us. He won't be very mobile or confident with leg and not making excuses for him, but it will definitely be a deterrent in his performance. Daunte Culpepper can miss the entire year next year, I don't care. This guy is going to be amazing for us. He is a proven Pro-Bowl QB, he's going to be amazing for our team.

1st off there is no way they are going to rush him back, so Miami is going to have to win games without him (At least for 1 month), but I also believe that Miami is fully capable of winning without a top QB, that once he does come in, he will be very effective, and make this team better. I think it is worth it if he comes in late in the season, but still gets this team in the playoffs and beyond.

I think Saban is thinking long term, if that means that Daunte misses the first month of the seaon, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom