can someon please tell me how..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can someon please tell me how.....

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
the supplimental draft works. when is it? where do we pick? what do we have to give up?

Teams are ranked in some order... Then guys come up and if you want that guy you say I will give my 1st for him.. Whoever offers the highest pick for the player gets him.. That is the short of it..

We'd have to give up our first round pick from next year. We won't select anyone, don't get your hopes up.

yea, unless someone of importance like Leinhart comes out which I doubt, I dont see Saban giving the supp draft a second look.

Does anyone know if there is a set date for when everybody who is going to enter the supplemental draft, has to to enter it by? If so, what date will we know everyone who is going to enter it? Appreciate it, thanks.

Players that were either ineligable for the April draft, or did not declare for the April draft may declare for the supplemental draft held in July. If a team is interested in a player in the supplemental draft, they send the NFL an email stating what round they would like to use to select that player. The team that offers the highest round pick gets the player. If multiple teams select a player in the same round, the team with the highest draft order is awarded the player. Draft order for the supplemental draft is the same as it was in the April draft. When a team selects and is awarded a player, that team loses the draft pick used to select that player in the following year's April draft.

HysterikiLL said:
We'd have to give up our first round pick from next year. We won't select anyone, don't get your hopes up.

It is a Blind bid so You only give up what you offer for the player.If you bid a 4th for a player and nobody else bids higher you get him for a 4th(the next year)

Just curious, if no one picked them by then, why would they be giving up a draft pick for them now?

rainmaker1313 said:
Just curious, if no one picked them by then, why would they be giving up a draft pick for them now?

This is for players who declare for the NFL after the draft.

we wont use it cos we dont know what our problems will be next year! will be needing a QB, because feeley failed, will we need a RB cos ronnie failed? know one knows!

in brief - all teams with six wins or less are put in group one and then drawn randomly to get the draft order. second group is the remaining non-playoff teams, again drawn randomly, then third the playoff teams.

each team puts in blind bids for the players who have declared for the supplemental draft and players are then awarded to the best combination of round bid and draft order.

(not quite sure whether teams are able to put in say 3 third round bids for different layers but specify an order of preference).

Back
Top Bottom