Can surtain be part of a draft day deal?

TorontoFin

Trapped in Trudeaupia
Reaction score
We hear that Minn and TB have the hots for the #2, and have contacted Mia for a trade. Both need a veteran, Pro bowl corner -- and Minn needs a D captain in general. What about the #2 and surtain for the #7, #18, a second-rounder this year, and a third next year, that can turn to a second if surtain makes the pro-bowl, etc..
To tell you the truth I'd really love TB's #5 (we would still easily get brown or Benson). I'd say a second and they're #1 next year is a good deal.

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We hear that Minn and TB have the hots for the #2, and have contacted Mia for a trade. Both need a veteran, Pro bowl corner -- and Minn needs a D captain in general. What about the #2 and surtain for the #7, #18, a second-rounder this year, and a third next year, that can turn to a second if surtain makes the pro-bowl, etc..
To tell you the truth I'd really love TB's #5 (we would still easily get brown or Benson). I'd say a second and they're #1 next year is a good deal.
Not enough.

I'd rather do the Minnesota trade (#2 for #7,#18 and #80), then trade Surtain to Washington for #25.

That's the equitable way to go.

We'd end up with

#7,#18,#25,#70,#80,#104,#138,#216

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers could fall to Washington at #9. If that happens, then their #25 pick that they obtained in order to pick Jason Campbell suddenly becomes expendable. That's why we could get the first for Surtain.

TorontoFin

Trapped in Trudeaupia
Reaction score
miamirw said:
Aaron Rodgers could fall to Washington at #9.
I could see that happening only if Cleveland passes on the QB that SF doesn't take. I don't see it, though. They havn't had a QB there in forever. Not to say Rogers/Smith is that guy, but it's a franchise thing, and Cle needs a general to define this team for the first time since their re-expansion

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Reaction score
TorontoFin said:

Minny has been stating that they won't trade both 1st rounders to move up, but that was before a Surtain option, but that would be difficult because contract parameters would have to be set up with Surtain and agent before a trade is made...my guess is that a trade would more likely occur with KC, but not to move up, because they really don't have enough picks to warrant a move up..

Top Bottom