Can Vick be stopped from running? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Vick be stopped from running?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I think you can slow him but you can't stop him, he is too fast and has moves. I think that with a base 3-4 defense he can be slown down. The DTs have to rush up the middle and not leave a hole open for Vick to escape though. Then the DEs have to come from the corners and not let Vick get by them. The key is for the LBs to play a short zone that way they can guard anyone in the area (especially if Crumpler is there) and they can be short so that if Vick runs they can catch him. You would make Vick stay in the Pocket and make him beat you when the WRs are covered man-to-man. The Safeties would also have to play man-to-man if there were more then two WRs. An opposing defense would also be in great position to stop the run. One thing a defense cannot do is blitz too many, if you blitz to many then Vick would be flushed out of the pocket and there would be nobody to catch him (he is too fast to catch on a blitz). I think this is what the Eagles defense has to do this weekend to win.

Opinions?

I dont think you can. The best I seen containment wise was Tampa Bay a year or two back. The guys simply amazing and this is why he will beat Philly. My opinion...Atlants beats Philly. Nobody can catch the Vick.

FuturePhin said:
I dont think you can. The best I seen containment wise was Tampa Bay a year or two back. The guys simply amazing and this is why he will beat Philly. My opinion...Atlants beats Philly. Nobody can catch the Vick.

exactly what I think, I was just trying to think of a way that he could possibly be stopptd and there isn't a way

Back
Top Bottom