Can we finally call Sam Madison for what he is | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we finally call Sam Madison for what he is

Originally posted by Phishstix

That's ridiculous. Football is just game. Between the whistles, he's not laughing, and that's all that counts.

No, it's not just a game. It's their profession, and if he can't go out there with the fire to be the best at every moment I don't want him around. They are paid to do this, as O-Gun so eloquently pointed out this week, and I want them to go out and be the best and defeat the opponent.

If you don't care that you didn't accomplish this enough to be laughing after the game is what is ridiculous.

Jerry Rice isn't laughing after he loses a big game. No player on this team should be able to accomplish even a smile after this performance.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

No, it's not just a game. It's their profession, and if he can't go out there with the fire to be the best at every moment I don't want him around. They are paid to do this, as O-Gun so eloquently pointed out this week, and I want them to go out and be the best and defeat the opponent.

If you don't care that you didn't accomplish this enough to be laughing after the game is what is ridiculous.

Jerry Rice isn't laughing after he loses a big game. No player on this team should be able to accomplish even a smile after this performance.

guys, you heard it here first! you are not allowed to smile after a bad day of work, never!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Sam Madison is great. He's also overrated. He's not a top ten corner which most rate him to be. Thus, he's overrated.

I'd trade him for a first and get a guy who's cheap and will give us solid play. Look at alot of teams in this league, they get close to the same play from their corners as us and they pay one guy practically nothing and have their one star.

Really some players have to go and Madison may just be one of them. I hate the way he laughs with opponents. I just hate it.

How do we get a first rd pick for a corner thats over rated and not even a top 10 corner at that?:lol:

I would laugh after I absolutely cracked somone. He is probably laughing with friends, as long as he is not laughing during the play's I dont care.

Deon would laugh all game long! I guess you wouldn't want to have him on your team either.

Mod Note:

I've pulled two posts from this thread that broached racial issues in a manner inappropriate to this forum. I'll assume the initial post was meant in jest between members who know each other, as there was NO preceding language or implication that supported the racial question raised.

The second of the two posts I pulled was benign in itself, but it quoted the original inappropriate post and thus, had to be pulled.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this, PLEASE feel free to PM me.

well the problem is not sam...the problem yesterday was our D-Line...the Titans O-Line manhandled them and we got no pressure on McNair...even I could have gotten open on some plays...can't blame madison for that...actually I think Madison has played much better than last year so far.

I'll agree Sam has played better this year, than last. Just with his tackling or lack there of, he is not a complete corner and I personally don't feel he is worth the $ we are paying him (correct me if I am wrong, but I think he makes something like $5 or $6M /yr). If he would restructure to something more reasonable, than I would not have a problem with him.

The only one on our dline that has done much of anything the whole season is Ogun. And I'll be the first one to say I thought he was overrated, but he has played well when the rest of the line INCLUDING Taylor has been average at BEST!

Originally posted by Den54

How do we get a first rd pick for a corner thats over rated and not even a top 10 corner at that?:lol:

Not a top 10 corner? Are you kidding?

PLEASE, PLEASE name 10 starting cornerbacks right now that are clearly better than Sam Madison.

Back
Top Bottom