Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ?

Cool. Sanchez was a better QB for a few games. That happens all the time.

Mark Sanchez was never a better QB than Eli.

Never will be.

Sweet doorstep championships, though.

He was better in 2010, 2009 he was a rookie so we'll throw that year out. 2 years and one he has been better than the "great" Eli half the time. I'll take those odds. It's too bad for him his D let him down unlike Manning's D's which won the SF game and put him in position to win the SB.

The Jets won in spite of Sanchez. Had you guys had a QB like Eli you could have won something worth talking about.

The Jets won in spite of Sanchez. Had you guys had a QB like Eli you could have won something worth talking about.

sanchez played better at Pitt than Eli did this year at SF, unfortunately for Mark a close play was ruled a TO for us and not for the Giants and the Gaints STs set Eli up for the last 10 pts of the game and the win.

2010 Eli throws 25 INTs killing his teams chances to go to the playoffs
2010 Sanchez leads 6 GW drives(including playoffs), Eli leads 1.

Sanchez helps team to doorstep of SB, Eli leads giants to no postseason for 2nd year in a row.

Sanchez "led" the Jets to the playoffs his rookie season with 12 TDs and 20 INTs and you want to argue he was the better QB? :lol:

You slight Manning for making two SB runs b/c his defense is "what got him there" yet Sanchez had 29 TDs and 33 INTs the two seasons the Jets got to the postseason making their "historic run".

I know this discussion will NEVER end but let's have at it anyway.

sanchez played better at Pitt than Eli did this year at SF, unfortunately for Mark a close play was ruled a TO for us and not for the Giants and the Gaints STs set Eli up for the last 10 pts of the game and the win.

Those referees just love ****ing your team over

Sanchez: 20 for 33 233 yds 2 TDs
Manning: 32 for 58 316 yds 2 TDs

Yeah, he was so much better.

Sanchez "led" the Jets to the playoffs his rookie season with 12 TDs and 20 INTs and you want to argue he was the better QB? :lol:

You slight Manning for making two SB runs b/c his defense is "what got him there" yet Sanchez had 29 TDs and 33 INTs the two seasons the Jets got to the postseason making their "historic run".

I know this discussion will NEVER end but let's have at it anyway.

I'm pretty sure I said 2010 which wasn't his rookie season and it's nice to use all the TIOs against him fro,m his rookie season. That's like me saying Eli threw 41 INts the last 2 years to get the Giants in the postseason.

I don't slight Eli, I give him proper credit.

Those referees just love ****ing your team over

The bottom line is 2 incredibly close plays happened int he '10 AFC title agme and '11 NFC title game. Both could have gone either way but they blew the whistle to stop the Bradshaw fumble and called what could have been called an incomplete pass a fumble. Sorry if this offends you.

Sanchez: 20 for 33 233 yds 2 TDs
Manning: 32 for 58 316 yds 2 TDs

Yeah, he was so much better.

ahhh just posting stats. He threw for more yds so clearly he was better. Never mind we faced a better team in a tougher place to play, facing one of the game's best QBs w/ a team that had won a SB as recently as 2 years earlier. Eli did nothing all 2nd half long in that SF game, he had 2 INTs dropped when defenders collided(I know dolphin fans love dropped INTs, right?) and was fortuntae to get 2 fumbles/muffed PRs to set up their only points of the 2nd half and OT. Sanchez led us back from down 24-3 and gave us a shot to win but our D couldn't get a late stop, Eli's D gave him stops.

Eli had 5.4 YPA, sanchez 7.1

Sanchez was better at Pitt in '10, his D/STs didn't help him the way Eli's did.

The bottom line is 2 incredibly close plays happened int he '10 AFC title agme and '11 NFC title game. Both could have gone either way but they blew the whistle to stop the Bradshaw fumble and called what could have been called an incomplete pass a fumble. Sorry if this offends you.

You mention the Jets two runs to the AFC title game every day so why omit his rookie season? I'm not offended, you're the one who can't accept the Giants being better than your team. I fully admit the Dolphins have been average the last 10 years.

ahhh just posting stats. He threw for more yds so clearly he was better. Never mind we faced a better team in a tougher place to play, facing one of the game's best QBs w/ a team that had won a SB as recently as 2 years earlier. Eli did nothing all 2nd half long in that SF game, he had 2 INTs dropped when defenders collided(I know dolphin fans love dropped INTs, right?) and was fortuntae to get 2 fumbles/muffed PRs to set up their only points of the 2nd half and OT. Sanchez led us back from down 24-3 and gave us a shot to win but our D couldn't get a late stop, Eli's D gave him stops.

Eli had 5.4 YPA, sanchez 7.1

Sanchez was better at Pitt in '10, his D/STs didn't help him the way Eli's did.

The Jets defense allowed 24 pts that game while the Giants defense allowed 17. You think this is a gaping difference? Your argument that Sanchez is a better QB than Manning b/c you handpick a game in which Sanchez lost anyway (but it's the defenses fault. Nevermind Sanchez and the offense were down 24-3 to begin with.)

heh, comparing Sanchez to Eli is like comparing Rue Paul to Celine Dion. A better comparison would be Sanchez vs Moore considering they both had .500 records, although Moore had the pressure of salvaging his career for a dispirited, winless team and Sanchez, as players asserted, was coddled with no pressure of being replaced. However, comparing their relative TD to Int ratio, completion percent, QBR, YPC and that recent efficiency rating posted here, Sanchez even pales by those comparisons. However, I'll concede that at this point that Moore and Sanchez may be close although Moore's numbers suggest otherwise, but please don't try to make a comparison of either to Eli.. at least at this point.

Interestingly, this is recent verbatim from a JI critic of Sanchez on a similar attempted comparison to Eli over there:

Dallas - 1 yard TD "drive" after a Sanchez pick (basically a pick 6)Buffalo - 20 yard TD "drive" after a Sanchez pick
Philly - 17 yard TD "drive" after a Sanchez fumble
NYG - 19 yard TD "drive" after a Sanchez fumble
NE - Ninkovich 12 yard INT return for TD
Den - Goodman 26 yard INT return for TD
Bal - Webb 73 yard INT return for TD
NYG- Sanchez tackled in end zone
Bal - Sanchez strip sack, 6 yard TD return
Bal - Sanchez strip sack, 26 yard TD return

Sanchez killed the Jets this year.

Junc, did you even watch the 9ers game? If so youre either blind, retarded or both. Eli got PUMMELED by the best defense in the league. Just pounded. He drug himself off the ground as much as any QB youll ever see. Yet he still stayed calm focused and won the game.

Your excuse for Sanchez is always the line. And its true, Sanchez blows the minute hes pressured. Put Sanchez in Eli's shoes that day and he is sitting puting on the bench feeling sorry for himself. Thats a fact.

You mention the Jets two runs to the AFC title game every day so why omit his rookie season? I'm not offended, you're the one who can't accept the Giants being better than your team. I fully admit the Dolphins have been average the last 10 years.

He was a rookie, he had typical rookie ups and downs but played very well in postseason. Compare that to Eli's first few years where he was awful in his first postseason start(got shut out) and was even more up and down than Sanchez.

I can admit the Giants were better than us this year, they beat us and won a SB. Do I think there is a huge gap? No but they were definitely better.

The Jets defense allowed 24 pts that game while the Giants defense allowed 17. You think this is a gaping difference? Your argument that Sanchez is a better QB than Manning b/c you handpick a game in which Sanchez lost anyway (but it's the defenses fault. Nevermind Sanchez and the offense were down 24-3 to begin with.)

Actually the Jets D allowed 17 pts, Pitt scored on a fumble return but it's not just the actual pts. The D allowed Pitt to control that game from the start allowing a long TD drive to set the tone. When the O got back to w/in a score at 24-19 w/ plenty of time left all the D had to do was not allow Pitt to get 2 1st downs and they couldn't. Compare that w/ the Giants who had to stop SF from getting a FG for 3 straight possessions in the 4th qtr/OT, if they didn't SF would have won. The Giant D played MUCH better than the Jet D.

Don't slight him. Awesome. You've listed numerous reasons why he's a sham MVP and not elite. No, that not slighting him in the least.

He's not elite, that's not a knock on him. he's still a very good QB but he's not elite and he didn't deserve his SB MVP awards, got them b/c he is a QB and a QB named Manning.

Junc, did you even watch the 9ers game? If so youre either blind, retarded or both. Eli got PUMMELED by the best defense in the league. Just pounded. He drug himself off the ground as much as any QB youll ever see. Yet he still stayed calm focused and won the game.

Your excuse for Sanchez is always the line. And its true, Sanchez blows the minute hes pressured. Put Sanchez in Eli's shoes that day and he is sitting puting on the bench feeling sorry for himself. Thats a fact.

That was an average pounding Sanchez took this season. Eli won the game? hmmm, he couldn't move that O at all in the 2nd half and "led them" to 2 scoring drives in the 2nd half and OT after fumbled/muffed PRs. The D/STs won that game.

He was a rookie, he had typical rookie ups and downs but played very well in postseason. Compare that to Eli's first few years where he was awful in his first postseason start(got shut out) and was even more up and down than Sanchez.

I can admit the Giants were better than us this year, they beat us and won a SB. Do I think there is a huge gap? No but they were definitely better.

Why compare it to Eli's first two years? We're talking about them as QBs right now.

Actually the Jets D allowed 17 pts, Pitt scored on a fumble return but it's not just the actual pts. The D allowed Pitt to control that game from the start allowing a long TD drive to set the tone. When the O got back to w/in a score at 24-19 w/ plenty of time left all the D had to do was not allow Pitt to get 2 1st downs and they couldn't. Compare that w/ the Giants who had to stop SF from getting a FG for 3 straight possessions in the 4th qtr/OT, if they didn't SF would have won. The Giant D played MUCH better than the Jet D.

And? Score more 24 points to beat Pittsburgh and you win. Since they didn't, that's on the offense. Your defense isn't always going to keep you in the game.

He's not elite, that's not a knock on him. he's still a very good QB but he's not elite and he didn't deserve his SB MVP awards, got them b/c he is a QB and a QB named Manning.

He is elite and he did deserve the awards. You say Peyton is a notorious choker (who also didn't deserve his MVP) in his whole career and Archie didn't do anything of significance in his, so what is this Manning name you speak of? You're acting like the name is a farce and these guys haven't done anything to deserve being respected.

Back
Top Bottom