can we play ricky in the preseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can we play ricky in the preseason

Losman7 said:
How can you challenge the suspension? Did he not fail a drug test.

The rules are pretty cut and dry.

You can challenge and appeal anything. Doesnt mean you will win, but you can try.
Ricky pretty much shot down all his grounds for appeal during his retirement.
  1. Admitted to using marijuana while in the NFL.
  2. Admitted to using masking agents
  3. Failed to respond to an NFL offer to let him serve the 4 games during his retirement.
So, Ricky can challenge the suspension, but he will lose.

yes, RW can play in the preseason.....unless the NFL brings down some BS warrant against him, they have final say in anything. Michael Pittman was able to play prior to his suspension that he received for beating/threatening his wife for the 3rd TIME!! And people cry about Ricky smoking pot on his own time :rolleyes:

I will say right now, there is no way Ricky would win an appeal and get a lower suspension.

The NFL would look like fools. The guy is an admited drug user, if they let him get off scott free they would be setting a dangerous precident.

And I'm not saying this because he's a fin.

Didn't David Boston get credit for serving a 4 game suspension last year while he was on IR?
Ricky may not fall into the same categorie since he was retired but, I imagine that this is the track that Ricky's agent will try to follow and make it the basis for the appeal.

Losman7 said:
I will say right now, there is no way Ricky would win an appeal and get a lower suspension.

The NFL would look like fools. The guy is an admited drug user, if they let him get off scott free they would be setting a dangerous precident.

And I'm not saying this because he's a fin.

Most of us here feel the same way. We're not expecting to see him win. It would be awesome if he did though.

Something to think about...

During O-GUNS holdout, he had to atleast play 10 games to become a UFA correct? So, we all assumed he'd wait till week 10 to play, but as the offseason went on, didn't he find out that holding out till week 10 was unnecessary, and only had to hold out till week 6 because of the preseason games?

Am I confused, or wouldn't the preseason count then?

Preseason games don't count. The suspensions and games counted are only regular season games. Preseason didn't count for O-Gun, maybe you got some bad info or something else. Many players have failed drug tests during the preseason and their suspensions didn't start until the regular season.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
sorry for another ricky thread but im new here and i was jus wondering if the 4 game suspension would allow him to participate in the preseason games. :confused:

Why are you talking about him playing in the preseason? He is out of shape and underweight, its going to take a while for him to get into playing condition.

The suspension doesn't count for the preseason games, he would miss the 1st 4 games of the regular season, no bige though Ronnie Brown will kick *** without him, just like he would with him.

inFINSible said:
Didn't David Boston get credit for serving a 4 game suspension last year while he was on IR?
Ricky may not fall into the same categorie since he was retired but, I imagine that this is the track that Ricky's agent will try to follow and make it the basis for the appeal.
The league made an offer to Ricky last season for that very option. Ricky failed to respond by the required deadline.
Once again, Ricky's own actions (or lack therof) are his undoing.

PatsSuck456 said:
Why are you talking about him playing in the preseason? He is out of shape and underweight, its going to take a while for him to get into playing condition.

The suspension doesn't count for the preseason games, he would miss the 1st 4 games of the regular season, no bige though Ronnie Brown will kick *** without him, just like he would with him.

Is that Jr. ? Damn he is hot??

very good question, I belive he should be able to play in pre-season and we should know where he stands by then (as far as talent).

just line him up and play him, the afc east is now offically afraid

PatsSuck456 said:

Ronnie Brown will kick ***. I am just trying to imagine if both play awesome how well that will work for us. It will be great to have two backs of that caliber sharing time. Our tag team of running backs. For that matter you should line them up together on occasion. Talk about a worried D not knowing who to expect to get the ball.

PatsSuck456 said:

hel be back to 230 by the time he gets to training camp ull see ull go and buy his jersy by the time the season starts :wink:

Back
Top Bottom