can we please get a new KR and PR? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can we please get a new KR and PR?

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Thigpen can still stay as a back up wr/rb tweener but man i want someone more explosive and with more moves and actually scares the opposing team when they do a kr or pr.

he did okay in year 1 but last year he didnt do anything to excite me

he seems like a good matchup mismatch when he plays on offense tho cuz he can catch and run the ball.

i wouldnt mind seeing gibson or matthews back there

I wouldn't waste the time. The way things are going special teams will be a thing of the past. They've talked about doing away with kickoffs altogether and now extra points. Drafting return men and FG kickers is a waste nowadays.

Thigpen does need to go though. I've complained about him since his first year but people love the guy cause he returned a punt for a TD. He lets the ball bounce in front of him too often, loses field position at critical times...but, how long will kickoffs still be in football?

I wouldn't waste the time. The way things are going special teams will be a thing of the past. They've talked about doing away with kickoffs altogether and now extra points. Drafting return men and FG kickers is a waste nowadays.

Thigpen does need to go though. I've complained about him since his first year but people love the guy cause he returned a punt for a TD. He lets the ball bounce in front of him too often, loses field position at critical times...but, how long will kickoffs still be in football?

I concur. Also, people keep screaming "can we get a new this..." and "can we get a new that..". Answer is yes. But with all of the holes that need to be filled, it all won't happen in one off season. While Thigpen isn't anything special, we have bigger issues to address than this one.

unless thiggy was nursing some undisclosed injury all season, we clearly need an upgrade at both KR and PR. it isn't our most pressing need, but i would really like to see it happen this season (2014).

top what 6? in the league 3 years in a row .... FIRE THE COACH. Typical dolphin fans bs

We were in the top 7 for 2010, 11, and 12 but, dropped way down to 25 I think last year. It was not on Rizzi but losing a lot of VG ST guys from the year before. We were bad in blocking and tackling. That had an effect on Thigpen as well. Hell, even Fields had a bad game.

They made the kickoff return basically useless any and day other than a snowy of extremely windy day. All kickers do is kick through the end zone. Punt return is a different story because alot of times you have no room but sometimes you have room but really the cover team outnumbers the return team due to the rush to try and block it

top what 6? in the league 3 years in a row .... FIRE THE COACH. Typical dolphin fans bs

Yeah he's a pretty good coach he just looked bad this year. Sturgis' struggles, we weren't very good on returns this year...kickoffs we normally started just outside the 20...rarely did we have a drive start outside the 30...and the penalties...man, the penalties on Special Teams was awful.

You could easily address the issue and upgrade elsewhere at the same time. It happens every year. Last year it was Minn with Patterson. This year it could be who ever takes D'Anthony Thomas. Would love to see that guy in aqua.

KR men are basically worth less.

Whats the statistic? 80% of kick offs are touch backs? Why even bother.

Basically made Devin Hester useless.

All I saw was yellow every time we returned a kick. Absolutely crushed most of our chances to score when you start inside your own 10. I hate penalties on kickoffs because they're inexcusable!!! Just let the guy try to make a tackle if he gets by you and if he does, so what. No sense in giving up half the distance when we barely get to the 20 anyway.

Punt returns are where its at. And thigpen is good at those if we could ever block legally.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

KR men are basically worth less.

Whats the statistic? 80% of kick offs are touch backs? Why even bother.

Basically made Devin Hester useless.

Because KR and PR guys help you control field position. A great return at the right time can be a soul crusher, and a TD...that's bonus points. If you aren't moving the ball the next best thing is to make them have to go a long way to score. The punt and return game do that.

Back
Top Bottom