Can we please go back to Feeley now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we please go back to Feeley now?

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
Ok, I'll admit that some of the things fiedler did with his feet feeley wouldn't have been able to do. Feeley probably would have been sacked a few more times. But where it kills me is when they do have time...
There are 3 plays that really bothered me.
1. There was a play I believe in the first half where we had a wr one on one running a post. He had a step on the defender and fiedler had the time to throw. a good pass and it is at least on the 15 yard line, perfect pass probably a td. fiedler pass 10 yards over his head.
2. The int for a td. as soon as he threw this I knew it was bad news. It hung in the air forever. I was yelling at the TV "why would you lob that type of pass?!?!?!?!" until I saw the replay and noticed he threw with all his might. A strong arm and this ball is not picked off. Fiedler was rushed a little but had the time he needed.
3. Later in the game we had I think it was Gilmore, running down the side line all by himself. A merly decent throw and this is a easy td. Fiedler has plenty of time. Pass horribly underthrown and wr has to wait for it. Db has time to catch up and it is just a decent gain.

These are 3 game turning plays where fiedler was just not physically able to do what was needed. All three of these passes Feeley could have made with the time fiedler had to throw them. If just one of these passes goes our way it could have been a totaly different ballgame.

We have 2 qb's right now that are playing about the same. they are both turning the ball over. Both forcing stupid plays. The stupid plays can be corrected. The difference is one qb can make the throws we need and one can't.
Feeley's int's can be corrected. but any time you call that 5-10 yd out with fiedler you have to cross your fingers and hope the db is not paying attention. cause he will never be able to get that ball there fast enough.

It's time to start feeley. They are both making stupid mistakes but feeley gives us the better chance for the big game turning play.

gottahavefootba said:
Ok, I'll admit that some of the things fiedler did with his feet feeley wouldn't have been able to do. Feeley probably would have been sacked a few more times. But where it kills me is when they do have time...
There are 3 plays that really bothered me.
1. There was a play I believe in the first half where we had a wr one on one running a post. He had a step on the defender and fiedler had the time to throw. a good pass and it is at least on the 15 yard line, perfect pass probably a td. fiedler pass 10 yards over his head.
Agreed. I also thought the same thing on your #1 above. Fiedler seems to ALWAYS overthrow those kinds of patterns. In fact, I can't ever remember him connecting on one of them in the 4 years he's been around. Also, when I was watching Bulger last night during the Rams/Niners game, I noticed the huge difference in accuracy- even when Bulger was pressured in the pocket and had to move/throw at awkward angles he was able to deliver the ball to the receivers where they had a chance to make a play. Fiedler only seems to hit the target on around 1/3 of his throws. That's not good enough in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom