can we please keep gus and draft a qb over the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can we please keep gus and draft a qb over the draft

primetime23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Serious why invest so much cap space on brees or duante when we can keep gus and invest less money on a draft qb and use that cap space money on a LB or a CB or even a OL why risk so much money on injuryed qb's, what do you guys think

I agree, Charley Whitehurst in the second round is the long term answer. Gus this year and Charley for next 10. Go Tigers Go Dolphins!

any qb in the draft works for me, im sick of this overpaying injury filled qb talk

Whitehurst is not accurate enough, consistent enough, and can't read a defense well enough to be good in nfl. he was mediocre in college with a pretty good offense. our guys going to be omar jacobs and i wouldn't hate croyle.

Ummm how abuot NO! We need a QB and drafting a rookie is not the answer! The only QB in this years draft that could come in and start is Matt Leinart and he is still iffy! Just because these guys could QB in college does not mean they can in the NFL. They are in the later rounds for a reason cause they have problems and if they could come in and start then they would all go as 1st round picks and finding a QB would not be that hard. It is hard and its not well I think he will be good. We need a Solid improvement over Gus Ferrote! At the very least we should sign Jon Kitna to a nice 2 or 3 year deal and draft a QB in the 3rd round. have way too many holes to fill by drafting a QB i the 2nd and too much talent will be there. A rookie will not come in and play great football and when they do its very rare! Besides the way our line is right now it would kill a rookie and ruin him. We need a good tough Veteran.

primetime23 said:
Serious why invest so much cap space on brees or duante when we can keep gus and invest less money on a draft qb and use that cap space money on a LB or a CB or even a OL why risk so much money on injuryed qb's, what do you guys think
The risk on signing an injured QB is IF they never recover. Just as you say keep Gus and draft a QB and spend the money elsewhere. How do you know what they will ask for. They could sign a back end loaded deal. Meaning they will take less money up front still allowing us to sign other FA. None of the QBs we could draft in the 2nd round or later comes with a guarantee of success, all have some question marks with them. Croyle...durability. Jacobs...throwing motion. Whitehurst...consistency. Personally I'm tired of settle for someone just because they will cost less. Yes we have a lot of needs and it will take more than a year or two to fill them. Getting a Pro Bowl calibur QB is the first step.

Why can't we sign Brees and draft a QB in the 3rd? We have our future at the position set and have some great trade bait a few years down the road.

saves said:
Why can't we sign Brees and draft a QB in the 3rd? We have our future at the position set and have some great trade bait a few years down the road.

:yeahthat: . We need both a free agent upgrade and a qb in the draft. There are maybe three qbs on the free agent market I would be thrilled to bring in and any qb in any round is worth a shot.

McCown Cutler
Ramsey Gradkowski
Brees Meyer

The above are my top three vets and rookies that i would like to see us pursue

Gus will never be able to do what he did this last season. We need a vet to come in here to start right away, let Gus go, and then draft a QB like Jacobs and liet him learn under the vet. That vet being BREES!

adamprez2003 said:
:yeahthat: . We need both a free agent upgrade and a qb in the draft. There are maybe three qbs on the free agent market I would be thrilled to bring in and any qb in any round is worth a shot.

McCown Cutler
Ramsey Gradkowski
Brees Meyer

The above are my top three vets and rookies that i would like to see us pursue

great to see someone say Meyer. Iv been pumping him for a while. I watched him play a few times. Small school boy, big time arm. I could see us landing him!

Back
Top Bottom