Can We Really Win the Next 2??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Really Win the Next 2???

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Honestly what do you guys think? I don't think there is a team in the NFL who has any respect for the Miami passing game right now. The Jets and Ravens are just going to throw up 8 man fronts and dare Ray Lucas or Sage Rosenfels to throw the ball. I know people are talking Ricky this and Ricky that but there is not a back or OL in football who will get it done against an 8 man front. Maybe the Dallas Cowboys of the early 90's with their massive line and Emmitt Smith but certainly not the 2002 Miami Dolphins. I guess what I'm saying is the only chance the Dolphins will have to win the next 2 games if is Ray Lucas can earn some respect passing the ball. Sorry I just don't know if that can happen. Things won't be that bad if we are 5-5 when Fiedler returns. Even a rusty Jay Fiedler will be a hell of a lot better than Lucas.

I disagree. We've faced 8 man fronts all year long. Nearly every game. Ricky was doing well against them. Last two games we got away from Ricky because the game got away from us. Same thing happened in Kansas City. We can and HAVE beat 8 man fronts consistently running. What we can't beat, is a 9 man front which we've also seen quite often.

Next two games I think will be easy wins and will have our confidence soaring again until Fiedler comes back and struggles to get back to where he was before the thumb injury. It will have us doubting ourselves again as we drop a few games then we'll make a late season resurgence to go 11-5 and win the division.

Yes - 0 TOs by our O and 1 or more takeaways by our D in each game and we can win...after 10 TOs in the last 2 games and only 1 takeaway - that is all it comes down to: TO ratio.

Well I know I didn't go out on a limb with this post but so far I'm right. Don't worry this will be a good week for us even if we lose. The Chiefs will beat Buffalo at Arrowhead and the Pats will lose in Oakland. The Jets will probably win and the whole division will be at 5 - 5. We could beat San Diego, who I happen to think is a big time fluke, even with Lucas becuase we can play not to lose and the Chargers always play that way. When Jay comes back we need to run the table.

chargers are overrated -- their first three wins and big defensive stats came against arizona, huston, and cinci
jets and st.louis exposed them for a team that built up a good record against crap opponents

if ray lewis play you lose if he sits you win

We need to win against Baltimore. Its imperative. Kiss the playoffs goodbye if we go 5-5 because quite frankly, Fiedler's going to lose some games coming back from this thumb injury. It isn't gonna be all magic and happiness when he comes back. He'll struggle at times, much like he did against the Chiefs. A lot of his struggles against the Chiefs you could pin on him being too far behind and playing catchup, but if you think about it, this was a D that was horrible and was allowing and has still allowed teams to play catch-up against them but still Fiedler failed. And Fiedler did have one drive where he could have got us back in the game, and it was early enough to get Ricky involved in the offense, and then Fiedler threw an inexcusable Fiedlerception. So yes, there will be times when our D will struggle and we'll need to rely on Fiedler solely to win, and he won't be able to do it. This is why I was so incredibly upset to learn that Wannstedt is going to allow Lucas to start AGAIN. We can't afford another loss. 9-7 does not get us in this year, not with 4 division winners automatically in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom