Can you say "West Coast Offense?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can you say "West Coast Offense?"

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When Marc Trestman was signed on as our QB coach/Assistant Head Coach, the Dolphins said there wouldn't be any major changes to the offense this year. Trestman is a West Coast Offense guru that worked his magic in San Francisco and Oakland as an offensive coordinator.

Now we trade for AJ Feely - a QB that has spent three years learning the WCO offense under Andy Reid in Philadelphia. It would appear to me that we are well under way to implementing the WCO in Miami. And, major changes have already occured. Besides, what other QB was available that knows the WCO? Mark Brunell - and we made it clear that he was our #1 option. He said we were his #1 option - but we all know how that turned out.

I think Trestman has made a pretty good impression on our front office and clearly has Speilman's ear. And, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he were promoted to head coach regardless of the team's success after 2004.

Now, are there any available wide receivers that know the WCO. Oh yeah, Terrell Owens is a WCO guy.

We'll have the same offense we had under Norv Turner.....

Was that a WCO???....

If so, it was one of the ugliest ones I've ever seen...

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

It wont be the West Coast offense. It will be a mix between Norv turner and WCO. ricky gonna get ball in open field ladies.

If we get to a West Coast offense it will be the end of ricky williams. I dont see it happening. Why would you want that. A West Coast offense uses the passing game as a running game..4-5 yard passes, and a running back as a wide receiver. Can anyone see us doing this while we have ricky williams. That would be stupid. We would be wasting ricky's career. Might was well just trade him for some draft picks and get a RB that like to cathc the ball a lot

Back
Top Bottom