Canes land top 10 QB Shaw in 05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Canes land top 10 QB Shaw in 05

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Sorry don't have a link, took it from another board. Here's bits & pieces of the article.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Derek Shaw: I Committed 10 Minutes Ago

When Derek Shaw finished Day 1 of a recent unofficial visit to Miami, he had a good idea he would be a Cane.

But he wanted to talk things over with his family before making a decision.

After returning home to Oceanside, Calif., Shaw wanted a few questions answered before making a commitment.

“I just wanted to know about the QB situation and how many QBs they planned to offer this year, if they’d offer anyone else this year,†Shaw said. “They offered someone else also (Carlton Hill, who could also play WR), but that’s fine.â€Â

Shaw called UM this evening and made his commitment official.

“I committed 10 minutes ago,†he told CaneSport. “I talked to Dan Werner and Larry Coker. Coach Coker was on the radio and right when he got off of there I talked to him. He said `I hope you have good news.’ I said `I’m committing.’ He said `That’s not good news, that’s great news.’â€Â

Last season he earned accolades after the 6-foot-3, 215-pounder with 4.8-second speed threw for 2,200 yards with 24 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

It probably doesn't matter. He'll be on the bench 3 years behind Wright & probably another 1 behind Freeman.

Back
Top Bottom